Best time to sell California T | FerrariChat

Best time to sell California T

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by XSpeed, Apr 14, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. XSpeed

XSpeed Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2019
    Full Name:
    SX
    I noticed I'm approaching 40,000 km (24k miles). This is a daily driver for me and the best car I ever had. I enjoy it a lot.

I also know that owning a car is a continuous process.

I never tried to sell a Ferrari before. What is a good balance to sell the current one in terms of miles? Perhaps to put a bit on top of it and switch to a used 458/488 or Huracan? Or is 40,000 km already too late and I should just keep on driving until 100k-150k?

The Cali T I have currently has warranty for 2 years more. I'm driving it about 20000km per year.

2. Il Co-Pilota

Il Co-Pilota F1 Veteran

May 29, 2019
    Hopefully some place nice.
    Full Name:
    A.B
    Unless you're a midget or a masochist, forget the Huracan. Take it to your local authorized Ferrari dealer and ask what they will offer for a 488 swap.

Sent from my SM-G930F using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    Spring / summer is the best time to sell a convertible.

Depends on what you want out of the car. I think you are going to get hit pretty hard on the depreciation for the mileage and you will too on a 458/488 if you put that many miles on them. The 458/488 are much sportier and smaller cockpits than the Cali T. They are not as good for daily driving although that's not to say they can't be used that way. I saw a Cali T offered for $99k with 36k miles on it and nothing wrong with it although it was a 2015.