Best Tire Dressing? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Best Tire Dressing?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by nart2222, Dec 13, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    James,

Didn't you once post that a judge asked you what all the dirt under your headlight cover was doing there? I would love to have seen the judges face when you told him the dirt was from LeMans. Am I right about this?

John

2. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    That would be would be my car. Hey whatever makes people happy is fine with me but I do think that "patina" is worth perserving. The dent made by Bruce McLaren's helmet. The wear mark in the seat made by John Surtees. Not everything needs to be perfect.

3. FL 355

FL 355 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2002
    Ft Laud
    Full Name:
    Frank Lipinski
    OK boys you won't believe this!

First, with respect to James (who I bow down to) for something like his car at Pebble Beach the best is nothing. On that level of judging and vintage class events any tire treatment will deduct points.

Second, let me say I am a fanatic about detailing and have tried all the above, and more... This year I got first place (Contemporary Ferrari Division) at a local event and 2nd place at Winter Park (2 of the 3 judges do Pebble Beach).

What I use is.....Turtle Wax 2001 Tire Foam....honest to God, try it!

Gives a clean factory stock shean, does not wash off and is the best product I have ever used....

At Winter Park a detail crew was doing an Enzo and guess what? Yep, the crew was also using the Turtle Wax Tire Foam.

Get it at any Pep Boys, Auto Zone, Wall Mart, etc. About $1.99 and one can has lasted me for over 3 months so far....

4. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Turtle wax makes a nice gel. Currently i am using meguiars gel.

5. Eric308gtsiqv

Eric308gtsiqv Formula 3

Nov 26, 2001
    Orange Park, Florida
    Full Name:
    Eric Eiland
    Having used many different products over the years for dressing tires, I've finally settled on Griots Garage Vinyl & Rubber Dressing. If the rubber needs cleaning first, I'll use Griots Rubber Cleaner followed by an application of the Vinyl & Rubber Dressing. Once a week is all it takes, and all the rubber looks fabulous -- not too glossy, but "just right" -- and there's no "residue" to get slung all over the lower panels / fenders either.