Best Vacation deals vs the Exchange ? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Best Vacation deals vs the Exchange ?

Discussion in 'Canada' started by MS250, Nov 26, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tantumaude

tantumaude Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2016
    Burlington, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mat
    I miss the perks from my Amex. Shame it isn't accepted more widely.

MS250 likes this.
  2. I.T. Guy

I.T. Guy F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I have the Aeroplan visa for where it’s not but that seems to be just little retail POS places. If there’s a b2b place I spend a lot at I tell my Amex concierge and they usually have a way for me to use the Amex. For example Amex called and found my supplier has a PayPal portal - which I set my Amex to primary, don’t use PayPal funds, and can crank six figures on a single materials purchase . Amex wants the big charges they don’t care about little retail. Tell your account rep. And luxury retail high dollar places always seem to accept Amex because of the demographic of the card holders.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

3. tantumaude

tantumaude Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 3, 2016
    Burlington, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mat

Interesting. I was fed up of dealing with all the smaller stores (think lunch, convenience stores, Loblaws etc) that didn't take them, hence my cancellation. I might just go back...

I.T. Guy likes this.
  4. I.T. Guy

I.T. Guy F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 17, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Correct - the small margins and large % Amex transaction fees for merchants make it a no-go for grocery, and most small businesses can’t stomach to offer it because of the higher merchant fees. Bigger guys see value of guaranteed Amex in account today for that 2% extra fee vs. 2/10 net 30 etc.

Oh and Amex Business cards are charge cards not credit cards. Has to be paid in full, zero interest. Can’t lose - no cost free points! The fee is offset with travel vouchers and if you fly a lot the free food and drink in lounges beats airport prices for snacks any day

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app