best way to lose belly fat? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

best way to lose belly fat?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by bocaf430, Mar 30, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Exercise is a common theme. What is exercise? Is there an agreed upon definition universally held by all weight loss programs? Anerobic weight lifting? Skiing? Anything where 80% max heart rate is maintained for 20mins a day, 3x a week?

2. Todd308TR

Todd308TR F1 World Champ

Nov 25, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Todd
  3. andrewecd

andrewecd Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2006
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Not aware of any pills. I would not take them anyway.

4. Mbn

Mbn Formula Junior

Apr 18, 2004
    #54 Mbn, Aug 1, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2015
    Not sure if your PhD does work here,starving is the worse I mean worse advice anyone can give to anyone trying to lose weight ?!!

The key to lose weight it not rocket science yes calories out and in but not all calories are equal, I'm 6'2 amature bodybuilder and i eat 6 to 7 small balanced meals a day and still stay under 10% bf year around if I want to get even leaner I just cut few carbs here and there and do more cardio and can easily see my abs under a tshirt.

Going into a state of starving will trigger your body own starvation mode and your body will adobte to the new calories intake, you need food to burn food does this make sense but it does, duh you even need a cheese burger sometimes to cheat and shock your system and funny I look fuller the next day.

Plus you will lose muscles and look and feel like crap, why would anyone torture him or her self when there is a much safer, easier and fun way doing it and you will look way better ?

If someone want to go way skinny then that's something else, good shape equal good healthy balanced diet, cardio, weight training and active lifestyle.

I've been to all gyms around the world as a bodybuilder it's what I do out of work spoke to many top industry gurus worked and still working with some and never heard such practice really work for any people who just want to lose weight, fitness models, bodybuilders etc.

But if it worked for you then that's good !!! The key to all this is to feel happy.

Mbn

5. LomewBartho

LomewBartho Rookie
    BANNED

Oct 12, 2015
    Hey Guys well i think that Runing is the best way to lose belly fat and make it a normal shape.But consistensly running is required for that.Thanks!!

6. definitelysomeday

definitelysomeday Formula Junior

Aug 7, 2009
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Full Name:
    Tom Kavan
    Be careful with that. Even if you are running, you need to mind your diet. I ran around 2000 miles, training for 2 marathons and a half marathon, in an 8 month period. I was so hungry all the time from the running, I ate like a pig. I put on almost 20 pounds.

7. definitelysomeday

Aug 7, 2009
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Full Name:
    Tom Kavan
    Grape Seed oil has a higher smoke point than virgin coconut oil (390 vs 350) and doesn't make everything taste like a pina colada.

8. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    You need to read this beginning to end.

http://authoritynutrition.com/grape-seed-oil/

9. definitelysomeday

Aug 7, 2009
    Ft. Lauderdale
    Full Name:
    Tom Kavan
    Dammit man! Now I'm back to everything tasting like sun tan lotion. You're a real dream stealer Piper.

That's what I get for listening to a "celebrity chef". I was at a private dinner with Chef Robert Irvine a little while back, and he was going on and on about it. Should have looked into it more.

10. Super_Dave

Super_Dave Formula Junior

Oct 6, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    With good self control, controlling weight higher or lower is pretty easy (though easier for those with faster metabolisms, though it is in many cases circular). Nothing fancy required.

When I'm cutting weight (currently) I simply eat ~20% less than I do when I'm bulking. I go from a phase where I am gaining around 1-2 lbs per week, to a phase where I am losing around 1-2 lbs per week. I only slightly change my workout regiment (all weight training, very limited "pure" cardio).

The difference is that I no longer expect to make any poundage gains on my lifts. I simply aim to continue what I was doing pre-cut. On my current cut, I'm down around 5 or 6 lbs and my lifts are all flat to where I started. I still test near my maxes.

The other thing I do is add more frequency... working out 2x per day whenever possible, rather than once per day. These are short 30-40min sessions of circuit training that I would otherwise not be doing.

I'm not the most disciplined in terms of details, counting carbs etc, but just try to get more protein and be balanced with carbs, having most of the refined carbs about 30 mins pre-workout and complex carbs / protein about 30 mins post workout.

I cook maybe 50% of dinners and of those, maybe 75% are healthy-oriented. I have pure junk food for dinner about once per week where I gorge. I keep breakfasts and lunches almost exclusively healthy and protein heavy. No sugary drinks, ever. Coffee 2 - 3x per day. And drink a few liters of water.

11. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    What do you expect from a fraud like Irvine? He totally doctored his resume to get where he is today by lying about cooking at the White House, for the Queen, for Princess Diana, etc.

12. ViperTT

ViperTT Karting

Apr 5, 2011
    I've dropped 20 lbs and three inches off my waist since December 18, 2015. I started at 196lbs and I'm 5'8. I'm now 174 lbs. I went from 36 inch to 33 inch waist. I drink tons of water and stopped drinking diet soda exclusively. I eat plain oatmeal with a packet of splenda mixed with skim milk and a hard boiled egg for breakfast. I eat tuna packets and or almonds when I need a snack. I cut out red meat, bread, fried foods, sweets and snack food. I eat steamed broccoli with A1 sauce to give it flavor. I eat sweet potatoes with nothing added and grilled chicken. I eat tons of veggies too. I walk and or run on the treadmill a few times a week at approx. 30 minutes a session. I also do some light weight lifting every other day. So far it is working and I feel great! My goal is to get down to my 32's and roughly 165-170 lbs. I want to live a healthier life style so I can hopefully be around to enjoy my retirement years with my young children and beautiful wife! That's my motivation.

13. Attitude928

Attitude928 Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    NYC
    1. Eat less
    2. Never eat alone (unless you hate people)
    3. Carbs are for consumption only between noon and 5PM

What's the deal with diet soda?

NYC Fred likes this.
  14. ViperTT

ViperTT Karting

Apr 5, 2011
    Diet soda is about all I ever consumed and never water. Water is a big part of losing weight in my opinion and it is working for me. I love diet soda but when that's all I drink, its not healthy.

15. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    That's great Viper!

With the steam broccoli, you should add some seasoning to them before you steam them. I do it all the time. You could even try a few squirts of the zero calorie butter spray. Truth be told, I just hate A1 and that makes me cringe just thinking about it.:D

I'm assuming you're not eating tuna every day, but just be wary of the mercury in the tuna if you are. Give the canned salmon a try too.

16. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    Well done!

Matt

17. ViperTT

ViperTT Karting

Apr 5, 2011
    Thanks Matt!

18. REMIX

REMIX Two Time F1 World Champ

Just FYI, took about 2 inches off my waist the past month by riding a bike every day and watching my diet. No bread, but I do eat white rice and oven baked potatoes (but in moderation). I eat a lot of baked chicken and pork chops. No soups, candy, etc. Small amounts of pasta once a week. Stopped with the candy and went to apples, bananas and protein bars. I drink the occasional diet Coke or diet Dr. Pepper here and there.

Also, I have refused to weigh myself during the process. I am gauging my progress by how my clothes fit. People ask how much I've lost and I just say "no idea".

19. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    Great job! How far is your daily ride

20. REMIX

Depends. Could be 6 miles all the way up to 15. I have a mountain bike, so I'm lugging around some weight as opposed to a much faster road bike. I do NOT like being in the road around here.

I ride in the rain and the cold. Only skipped one day in the past 18 days. I also will ride at night if my day is super busy, so I invested in good quality lighting for my bike. I'd say a good third of my rides are at night, 11pm or later. After two weeks all of this became a habit.

21. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    Ok ...you live in climate that permits year round riding.

22. REMIX

#72 REMIX, Jan 17, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I rode in 29 degree weather the other night. It can be done into the teens if you have cold weather cycling gear. This is what I looked like that night.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

23. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    That's dedication...Great for you...now the second challenge of continuing this into your latter years. My new thing is at every stop , I will walk instead of sitting in truck goal is 10000+ steps per day. Also after dinner, I will take a walk .

Today I'm adding 15 lbs weight vest.

24. REMIX

I'm 48, so I guess I'm getting into my "later years" at present LOL.

Good for you! Walking's great. My girlfriend loves walking and running. I'm too ADD to walk. Lifting moderate weights is also good for you. I did that for nearly 8 years but packed the pounds back on during the past 2 or 3.

One thing, though, is that I get some quick weight losses then hit a wall. The key is to stick with it through that period, it'll come off more. At least in my case, it seems my body drops some weight and belly fat and then says "wait a minute, not so fast". You just have to push through that period. I say this because in 2007 I weighed 230. By mid 2008 I was down to 165. That progress wall came to me around 210 or so.

25. DonJuan348

DonJuan348 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Aug 5, 2008
    Taxing Jersey
    I'm 50 do crossfit 4x week and play 3 hockey teams. The walking is to increase my acti8level instead of sitting while getting unloaded.

Sometimes I'm unloading for 4-5 hours and I would be on net or watch TV.

My enter rucking event