best way to lose belly fat? | Page 7 | FerrariChat

best way to lose belly fat?

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by bocaf430, Mar 30, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spicedriver

spicedriver F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
    This is the same argument that I have with my brother, who weighs 100 lbs more than me!

A lot of people tell themselves that fasting is bad, because they don't want to do it. In fact, caloric restriction is the 1 proven method to extend your lifespan. Being overweight has the exact opposite effect. Look it up.

One of the great benefits of fasting, is that you will no longer be picky about eating healthy food. E.g. a piece of whole wheat toast, and sliced tomato with water vs. a cheeseburger and milkshake. I would suggest anyone who really wants to lose weight start by fasting.

Also, the OP asked about losing belly fat, not fighting cancer. Although you can prevent the onset of many diseases (diabetes, etc.) by not being overweight in the first place.

2. wrs

wrs F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 11, 2015
    Lakeway, Texas
    Full Name:
    William
    #152 wrs, May 31, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Yeah but I wasn't answering specifically about cancer, just mentioning that it takes away your appetite and the treatments make food taste horrible. However, if you want to lose belly fat you have to limit caloric intake but you have to work out those muscles too. I pointed out I have a regimen of crunches that I do each workout and I also do situps on a declined bench. OTOH, I don't exactly have a six pack but I can wear a compression shirt in the gym and look good. I am at 17% body fat which is only fit, not athletic. It would be very difficult for me to get down to 13% body fat I think. Back when I was in my 30s and running a lot I was about 8% body fat. Here is a picture of me back then. I weighed about 180 in that shot and was 6' 3 3/4" tall. I am about 6' 3 1/2" now and weigh around 188.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. spicedriver

spicedriver F1 Rookie

Feb 1, 2011
    I don't think you really need to do any fasting at this point. lol

Staying fit is important, IMO. My dad is 93 and still works out 5 days/week. Keep up the good work!

4. Xcheckme

Xcheckme Formula 3

May 10, 2011
    Tampa Bay
    Full Name:
    Lukas
    + 1 ......and the best way to lose weight - or for the OP - belly fat.

Losing fat while maintaining muscle is a bit trickier.

Jason's comment about not eating being the worst thing is both right and wrong :). Wrong because simply limiting your caloric intake WILL make you lose weight/fat.......Right as most people simply don't have the discipline to not eat. They starve themselves for a couple of days, slow down their metabolisms by doing that.....and then stop by McD's on the way home and with the body being in survival mode....and the body will then immediately take whatever energy it is fed and store it as fat.

Losing weight/fat is so simple (I understand, not necessary easy for everybody - but it's all about lifestyle choices): YOU NEED TO EITHER EAT LESS, OR MOVE MORE. And the eating less part works much quicker for weight loss compared to the move more part of the equation. I don't know how as a society we turned this into this complicated mess.

I spent 10 days in the hospital earlier this year - my only meals were a cup of chicken broth and a cup of apple juice twice a day. Didn't move at all and lost 20 lbs........fun times.

BTW: Nice work WRS - keep it up.

5. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface
    Do you know how many time I've told people this?? They act like I am insane for saying exactly what you have. Calories in must be less than calories out. It's that simple. Cut back on the food and get off the couch. Now, where are my billions for formulating the magic pill that cures obesity??

Mark

6. Xcheckme

Xcheckme Formula 3

May 10, 2011
    Tampa Bay
    Full Name:
    Lukas
    I know LOL - actually posted against my better judgement as last time I did this an MD on this board who apparently performs gastric bypass surgeries let me know that I didn't know what I was talking about.

7. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    As I say Lukas, I might not always be right, but I'm never wrong. :D

8. Xcheckme

Xcheckme Formula 3

May 10, 2011
    Tampa Bay
    Full Name:
    Lukas
    He he he - and again you're not wrong bro.

9. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    I once had a lady bitterly complaining to me that her anti-estrogen pill caused her to gain 30lbs.."and I haven't eaten one bite more than usual and I exercise the exact same amount!!"

I said, "Holy moly this I great, do you know what this means? I think we have found a solution to all hose starving kids in Africa! We can drop off bushels of these pills and they'll all gain weight!"
    I said it so deadpan she looked at me puzzled.
    So I followed with, "Nah...logistics too difficult. Maybe in the interim we can hook a power cord up to you and you can power a small village for awhile."
    Still deadpan...
    Lukas knows my sense of humor. LOL :D

10. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael

"[size=+2]Anti-Estrogens[/size]
    What are they?

Anti-Estrogens are prescription medications that are abused by steroid users to block or minimize the effects of estrogen in the body for purposes of countering the side effects of anabolic androgenic steroids. Anti-Estrogens act to either decrease the amount of estrogen in the body or block the estrogen receptors. In men, this will cause the natural testosterone levels to increase.... What are their short and long-term effects on the body?...

...Physical side effects associated with Anti-Estrogen use include: increased risk of blood clots, abdominal pain, joint pain, muscle pain, headaches, nausea, hot flashes, fatigue, high blood pressure, intestinal problems acne, bladder problems, rapid weight gain, injection site reactions, swelling due to increased fluid retention and difficulty breathing. Women may experience vaginal irregularities such as dryness or discharge. Men may experience abnormal growth of testes..."

Anti-Estrogens

11. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith

No **** Sherlock...but not 30lbs
    Any fool can download crap off the internet, but people who deal with them daily know damn well what is normal and expected, and what isn't.
    Go waste someone else's time.

12. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Really. How wonderful.

13. Xcheckme

Xcheckme Formula 3

May 10, 2011
    Tampa Bay
    Full Name:
    Lukas
    What she probably failed to mention is that the time she started with her anti-estrogen regimen just so happened to coincide with McDonald's McRib Sandwich 2 for 1 promotion.

14. Eric3

Eric3 Rookie

May 16, 2017
    Yoga is the best way to lose belly fat quickly.

15. ME308

ME308 Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Michael
    only as long as :

;)

16. VPX

VPX Karting

Jun 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Victor
    After reading all the topic, I am really motivated (and confuse) to lose belly fat and weight in general.

I hope I'll figure out how to do it. Starting from 6'2" and 245 pounds

17. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Something that's working for me: I'm doing a modified "Bulletproof" Diet. With a lazy man's 5 minutes of ab work a day. I lost 7 pounds in 6 days and went a notch tighter on my belt.
    Nothing major, it just worked 4 me. I want to lose 10 lbs.

18. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I've always been curious. Does that bulletproof coffee not make you **** water? I feel like all those ingredients it would run right through me.

19. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    You know what, It tells you to gradually go into it. I'm NOT a coffee drinker and I did fine with it. I just love how it holds me over till 1pm.
    I use to have up to 3 meals by 1pm. Now I really don't crave food till then. I lost 1 more pound since my last post. It's not dropping off me FAST but it's consistent.

20. TexasF355F1

Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Interesting. I should maybe try it one day just to see, but I know how my stomach reacts to certain things and I think it would run right through me.
    Congrats on your progress. You're losing the weight you should be. I've gained all my weight back, but I know part of my weight has been added muscle, but I need start working towards trimming down because I just don't feel like this is the weight I should be.

21. schwoo

schwoo Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2013
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Marquette
    Phentermine 37.5 mg

Ask your physcian if your a candidate.....it will take away your appetite and give you energy.

Most people quit trying because they don't see gains this will help keep you motivated. It's used only short time to help with the weight loss.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

22. CarAholic

CarAholic Formula Junior

May 10, 2016
    I’ll give my opinion on the subject as I do this for a living. I personally stay in a BF range of 5-8% for the year depending on goals.

Unfortunately there is no miracle diet out there I have experimented with damn near all of them. There are efficiencies to gain by doing some over the others depending on your body type but nothing very noticeable.

The best diet for you is the one you can easily stick too, period. Calories should always be watched as that’s how you are gaining weight. It’s best to get your calories from healthy foods and not junk. At the end of the day you will still loose weight eating a low amount of junk food but I would never recommend as it is not good on your body. It’s always important to have break days as well but it’s important not to go over board (it’s easy to do). I would also recommend keeping sugars low as they spike your insulin.

There are also no miracle polls at best they will reduce appetite and get rid of some water weight. Otherwise just drink a coffee.

Determination is the best tool you will have. The majority of you have very successful business so you should have great determination. Just focus that energy on yourself at the end of the day your body is you and your vessel to do what it is that you do. A lot of of us pour time and energy in to things that to be honest are irrelevant while we are neglecting the thing (our body) that actual keeps us alive. Just focus on your goals and you can accomplish it.

At the beginning week you will lose 6-10 lbs but this will only be water weight. There I’ll be hardly any actual body fat reduction. This takes a long time and typical progress would be around 2lbs a week.

Also exercise is not necessary but it does help and promotes a healthier body. Not trying to stir anything up I always think it’s just best to face the facts up front.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nader likes this.
  23. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    I'm maintaining at 13-15lbs lost. Now I stick to the diet Mon. - Fri. and eat "almost" anything (in moderation) Sat & Sun.
    What that does is make all my cravings go away. I do have some fruit, maybe a small bowl of pasta or even a small scoop of Ice Cream. Heck, I even went to In 'N Out and got me a double double animal style protein style (No Bread, wrapped in lettuce). I do gain a pound or two back over the weekend, then lose it easily in the next day or two. It just works for me and I feel great. I'm 192 and am fine here. It was hard going without sugars (Carbs) the first month.

24. Nader

Nader Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2011
    East of Seattle
    This is really excellent advice, and I'm quoting you so soon after your post because it is worth repeating. Are you a bariatric surgeon?

25. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Update.
    I've maintained a 20 lbs weight loss now for about 3 weeks. I've been told by many that I lost too much and look skinny. So I might want to gain 3-5 lbs back and enjoy some more food. Originally my goal was to lose 10 lbs and I turned it into a challenge with myself and ended up losing 20.