Best way to lose body fat | FerrariChat

Best way to lose body fat

Discussion in 'Health & Fitness' started by m3power222, Aug 17, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. m3power222

m3power222 Formula 3

Feb 24, 2006
    Camas, WA
    Full Name:
    Wilson
    What do you guys feel is the best way to lose body fat?

For the past 2 months I've been doing this program called P90X. I like it as it is kind of a no excuse way to workout as you just need to throw in the dvd and minimal weights at home. Previously I found tons of reasons not to go to the gym like to crowded, sweaty people, no parking, etc, etc. I admin I haven't been doing it to the T but my goal was to loose 20 lbs, so far have lost 12 lbs. But I have seemed to hit a plateau. There are 3 ways to do the P90X program and I am doing the lean routine so pretty much all cardio with reducing calorie intake. There are times it is hard to do the workout as I don't have any energy. Successful in losing weight in the past with cardio/lifting but this time I think the results so far have been soso and taking longer. Perhaps getting older and a desk job has something to do with it as well.

Anyone else here doing P90X?

2. Mbutner

Mbutner Formula 3

Aug 11, 2005
    Bay Area / Washington DC
    Full Name:
    Quick Draw
    Ding Ding!!

How long have you been doing this workout? Remember, you must change up your workout every month or so. P90X is fine from what I understand. Just shake up the routine keep up the intensity. Any other things change? Stress from job, etc?

3. 1_can_dream

1_can_dream F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    Is P90x sold on that infomercial at 3am?

4. m3power222

m3power222 Formula 3

Feb 24, 2006
    Camas, WA
    Full Name:
    Wilson
    Been on this workout 2 months. I'd say less stress now.

5. m3power222

m3power222 Formula 3

Feb 24, 2006
    Camas, WA
    Full Name:
    Wilson
    You got it!

6. 1_can_dream

1_can_dream F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    So does this mean only thirty more days until you're ripped?

7. James-NZ

James-NZ F1 Veteran

Jun 26, 2007
    Hamilton, NewZealand
    Full Name:
    James
    The best way i have found is to burn more than your putting in, keep changing the routine so your body doesn't get comfortable and push yourself hard every time. Its working for me, I'm not trying to loose weight but loose the fat and tone up. So far so good.

And on the gym thing, get a good personal trainer, they are well worth the money and if you stick to the program the results are great.

8. Fpassion

Fpassion Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2005
    You have not worked out long enough to hit a plateau. Total weight lost is probably 9lbs and 3lbs water weight. If you cut out sodium & soda from your diet, and run on a hot day you will lose another 2lbs of water. You want to change up or incorporate different routins in your program every 3 months. Try walking stairs one step skip step, or jog it fantastic way to create demand and lean out.

If you want to lose weight "eat more" lift more sets (not heavier). Your body-cells-stomach has a memory, if you eat large portions twice or three times per day your body will retain it, if you eat smaller portions 4 times a day your tummy will say ok, lets burn this off since im getting more food in 3 hours I don't need the excess (assuming your exercising regularly). The more (lean)food you consume throughout the day your metabolic rate increases slightly(thyroids regulate metabolism-temperature).

9. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    That's the difficult part. The true, real deal personal trainers are hard to find and usually expensive.

Any dumb-dumb can take the 2 week course to get certified. My kinesiology professor (phD) was so avid about this. He told us a number of stories about people always telling him some student just became a personal trainer at the gym and he was "awesome."

He would go and check out these "awesome" trainers. He would discover they had horrible form and lack simple knowledge.

10. m3power222

m3power222 Formula 3

Feb 24, 2006
    Camas, WA
    Full Name:
    Wilson
    Far from that.

11. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    #11 rob lay, Aug 18, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2008
    I guess different for weight lifters that want to burn fat, for endurance athletes I believe the best fat burn is long and slow. I don't notice too much fat burn burping until I get into 45+ minute runs and longer runs are hard on you. So I find the cycling to be the best at fat burning because they are longer workouts at the intensity that seems to be best for fat burning. It also doesn't pound you like long runs so you can have a higher frequency.

12. drchako

drchako Formula Junior

Dec 29, 2003
    Palo Alto, CA
    I occasionally did P90X in Iraq. It was better in groups. I had a hard time getting motivated enough to do it myself, but the workouts were always good. As suggested, it works really well as a break from other workout routines. Variety is the spice of life, as they say.

-DrC

13. CRG125

CRG125 F1 Rookie

Feb 7, 2005
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Full Name:
    Vivek
    DIET!DIET!DIET!. You can exercise all you want, but you have to make sure you are eating right and on time. Changing your workout from time to time is good so you can work different muscles and shock your body, but the diet is the most important. For instance I was doing everything I could to get leaner, working out 5 times a week with 3-4 days of cardio( running 2-3 miles). My body fat wasnt changing much, finally got a hold of a trainer that created a diet for me. Today I went from 13% to 11% in a month and half. The key is eating more frequently, smaller meals and on time( Every 3 hours), but of course healthy.

14. m3power222

m3power222 Formula 3

Feb 24, 2006
    Camas, WA
    Full Name:
    Wilson
    I betting that one of the biggest issues is probally alcohol intake. Even drinking bud light and vodka/scotch on the rocks I'm sure adds up pretty quick a few times a week.

15. laxn23

laxn23 Formula Junior

Sep 12, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Nick
    I can't seem to get motivated unless I go to the gym oddly enough. I have a bench in my basement and other weights but I just used to half a** it until I joined a gym awhile back. Once I am there I am all work and really buckle down.

16. Samimi

Samimi Formula 3

Oct 17, 2005
    North of the 49th
    Full Name:
    S.
    Bas Rutten's MMA workout.

The Thai boxing & all around workout is intense cardio & conditioning, also cuts your body fat.

Shoot me an email if you'd like me to send you the files.

17. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    As has been said before, nothing but nothing melts fat like running. Do it for a month and you will see results and after two you will see fat melt of you.

But you have to do it.

18. modena1_2003

modena1_2003 F1 Rookie

Aug 17, 2005
    Full Name:
    Jon
    #18 modena1_2003, Aug 18, 2008
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2008
    This is easier than you make it out to be fellas. Cardio is the best way to burn fat.

However if you want to look good doing it, hit lower weight with high reps and then superset - go from one lift to the next with minimal break - no less than 10 seconds.
    The goal is just to keep your heart rate up. If your on the tread mill - your burning fat, however not building any muscle to come out underneath what you just cut off.
    Building muscle burns fat quicker as well - more reason to superset!

_J

19. GG

GG Formula 3

Feb 21, 2008
    1) Diet
    2) HIIT
    3) EC stack (PM me if you have any questions about this)