best website to buy detailing products? | FerrariChat

best website to buy detailing products?

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by bocaf430, Mar 11, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    I am looking to buy some new products before spring... possibly a new polishing machine... I have the old porter cable...I know there are some new better machines on the market.... I also need new foam pads etc... looking for a website with good products and good prices. thank you

2. tonyswfla

tonyswfla Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 2, 2007
    Florida
    autotopia and autogeek

jm2 likes this.
  3. cls

cls Formula 3

Jun 12, 2007
    Los Angeles/Montreal
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I'd add detailers domain to that because Phil (the owner) is very knowledgeable and helpful.

steved033 likes this.
  4. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

autogeek is good.

Griots Garage used to be my go to, but they've fallen off my radar the past couple years.

D

5. LBBP

LBBP Formula Junior

The one's mentioned are good resources for detailing supplies, another is Chemical Guys and Adam's.

6. LBBP

LBBP Formula Junior

7. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller Formula 3

Mar 23, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Dominic
    I too like Detailers Domain because they carry a lot of the products I use and I usually get them the next dat since we both are located in the same state.
    I bought products from Autogeek and while I don't knock the products, I am not crazy about the shipping. I am in NJ and autogeek is in Fla. I have placed orders as early as on a Monday expecting to get it it by the upcoming weekend and it didn't arrive till later the following week. This happened more then once so it just must be the shipping method he is using. Personally I would pay a few extra bucks to have it earlier.
    I have bought some products from Todd at Esoteric and will most likely be buying more from him because he is a sponsor here and puts out really good "how to" videos too.

taz355 likes this.
  8. LI2782

LI2782 Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 19, 2010
    Detailed image, detailers domain, obsessed garage...I'd avoid Autodesk. Bad customer service and very slow shipping

9. sandreb

sandreb Karting

Feb 7, 2018
    Full Name:
    Sander B.
    You can also find good deals on ebay and amazon sometimes.

10. Esoteric Auto Detail

Esoteric Auto Detail Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2008
    Columbus, OH
    Check out the fchat code in our signature...

11. msark

msark Formula Junior

Feb 18, 2017
    Southern California
    I agree with the comment about Esoteric....

They use the products daily which is much more information for our use than a company relying on the manufacturers description or a "demonstration" under controlled circumstances.

And the fact that they support F Chat is a positive....

taz355 and Esoteric Auto Detail like this.
  12. 338Lapua

338Lapua Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2015
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Tony
    I'll second Esoteric. Have a lot of good stuff and they support their products.

taz355 and Esoteric Auto Detail like this.
  13. woody byrd

woody byrd Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2006
    cary, nc
    Full Name:
    woody byrd
    I like this company a lot. Big selection, good quality and price. Occasionally offer discounts of up to 25%

www.DetailedImage.com

14. flat-12

flat-12 Formula Junior

Mar 18, 2011
    Germany
    I'm from germany and also look for some new products for spring, but i would like to order in europe because of customs.

Having bought a new polishing machine last year I would recommend to take a look at the homepages of Fein, Rupes, Flex, Festool, etc
    I bought a Fein polisher, not inexpensive but great quality. Having polished a 308, Testarossa and 550 Maranello I would buy again this one.

https://fein.com/de_de/oberflaechenbearbeitung/polierer/wpo-14-25-e-0286199/

SynergyViper04 likes this.
  15. SynergyViper04

Jan 16, 2018
    Appleton,WI
    Full Name:
    Sam Griesbach
    I get pretty much all of my products from the ChemicalGuys.com

I do all of my own detailing as well as for many others and the products they offer are top notch. They have amazing customer service and are always happy to help you get the right product for the job. They offer anything from a cheaper wash (still good product) all the way up to thousand dollar specialty waxes.

Ive also used a few Fein products here in the states. They are obviously a little more expensive than other companies but you can definitely tell a huge quality difference! After a long period of continuous running it doesn't even get half as hot as a lesser product. Absolutely amazing.

16. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    griots and chemical guys

17. Ryan13

Ryan13 Karting

Jan 21, 2015
    Alberta
    Full Name:
    Ryan
  18. timwu12

timwu12 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2014
    TX
  19. taz355

taz355 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Indio Ca/ Alberta
    Full Name:
    Grant
    I made 2 orders from autogeek. They wont get my business anymore.
    Did a very poor job of 3 rd order of over 1500 so I just cancelled it and went somewhere else.
    I went as far to even talk to them to try tomstraighten it out and they did not even care to phone me back.

I am a very easy customer but I still need a little bit of service. Very dissapointed.

timjen88 likes this.
  20. racer959

racer959 Karting

Feb 27, 2004
    NJ
    Zaino, great products and reasonable

21. AP328

AP328 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2005
    Canada
    moysiuan likes this.
  22. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    Very good selection, not so easy to get all these things in Canada. Just placed an order!

23. The Singer

The Singer Karting

Feb 10, 2016
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    In Ontario try, eShine Car Care Canada