Beware- Kudos Performance Luxury Import Auto Repair | FerrariChat

Beware- Kudos Performance Luxury Import Auto Repair

Discussion in 'Midwest - USA (NE, KS, OK, MO, AR)' started by Garth_W, Mar 23, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Garth_W

Garth_W Rookie

Mar 23, 2021
    Full Name:
    Garth Wittmann
    Hello all. My name is Garth Wittmann. New here. I currently own an 04' Porsche Cayenne Turbo, 06 Porsche Cayenne Turbo S, and a 06' Cayman S (my baby!). I was a BMW M3 guy for a couple decades before the Porsches. I know many of the Ferrari enthusiasts in the St. Louis area go to Sydney Devries at Kudos Performance Auto otherwise known as Luxury Import Auto Repair in St. Peters. I purchased the 04 and 06 Cayenne Turbos last year because I wanted something fun to drive for my small business. I own Zenith Survey Solutions in Richmond Heights..All that being said, I had used Reid Vann in the past for my 06 Cayman S, but I was looking for another mechanic to work on the Cayennes. After talking with Syd at Kudos, I was a believer..He told me about his 08' Cayenne Turbo tuned to 1000hp and that the Cayennes were his specialty.. He also mentioned other cars that he owned like a 2016 McLaren 650S, BMW B7, etc..And of course he had a 360 Spyder on the lot. Long story short I had him go over both Cayennes and repair anything that needed it, along with "custom performance tunes" for both, etc. He had my vehicles from Sept. of 2020 until December of 2020. Repair bills came to $14125.51 for both. About $7k each. Once it got warmer I started checking everything out. First thing that jumped out was that the APR diverter valves that I paid about $500 total for, were clearly still stock. From there it was a downhill nightmare. I had both vehicles inspected by another shop to see what had actually been repaired. Tom Bradley of Bradley Moter Werks, did the inspection and it was shocking. The total amount of fraudulent charges for parts and install that were never done is currently over $6500..And that is just the stuff I can prove.. And it was obvious stuff, like 10 breather hoses, spark plugs, etc..I'm in the middle of disputing the charges with my credit card company, filed reports with the Attorney General, BBB, Federal Trade Commission, etc. Come to find out, the only LLC Syd ever had was for Kudos Performance Auto which he intentionally terminated in January of 2020, despite continuing to do business the entire time. This is a breach of his business license in St. Peters. They have been informed. Kudos Performance LLC has at least 2 UUC filings against him with the Secretary of State from Snap On for non payment. He has blocked all my attempts to contact him. I have everything documented if anyone would like to see. I'm still in shock.. Looking to see if I can file criminal charges against him. If not, then civil filing will have to do...I have a ton of documents should anyone be interested. I have included just a few..If you check Yelp, you will see similar experiences.. I'm a car guy through and through.. I just don't want anyone else to have to go through this nightmare..
    Fraud, Liar, Thief.
    Sorry for being a bummer.

Attached Files:

2. Crocodile Fundee

May 11, 2021
    Full Name:
    Eric D Barnes
    Thanks for the info. I have a 06 Cayman S and I have a passenger airbag alert. Syd was recommended but after reading your post there is no way I will ever take my car to him. Thanks for looking out.

3. Garth_W

Garth_W Rookie

Mar 23, 2021
    Full Name:
    Garth Wittmann
    I’m glad I saved at least one other person from getting stolen from..Myself and a 76 year old gentleman both filed criminal charges (felony theft and stealing) with St Peters Police against Syd..The case is ongoing..Syd lawyered up..Stay far far away from that piece of ****..

4. Marcopolo3382

Marcopolo3382 Karting

Sep 24, 2017
    Full Name:
    Marco Daniele
    Unbelievable, I just got my car back from him lastnight after having it for a YEAR!!! I knew something was wrong when something kept coming up every three weeks and then it would take another three weeks to fix only to have another issue come up and the process starting all over again. Over all I spent $33,000 in repairs. On my quick test drive lastnight I could already tell a few of the small issues were still not fixed. That’s not a big deal as far as I’m concerned now. I do hope that the clutch however was done correctly! Now that would be a big deal! I am very nervous because after a few spirited pulls I did get the clutch overheat beep. It doesn’t do it under normal driving so I pray to god that there isn’t an issue. The most irritating part about this whole experience is how my car was handled. It was left outside in the elements for god knows how long. We are talking about a car that has never been in the rain nor is it washed with water. It is cleaned after every drive with a waterless car wash. I have bird crap etching in the paint on the rear deck lid that I have been working on polishing out and the car was filthy. A few scratches with paint transfer and my window trim has completely peeled off on both sides. Not to mention the car had just enough fuel to start to get it off the truck and up my driveway. I was running on fumes. I had to go get a gas can you put enough fuel in so that I could take it to the gas station. I am attaching pictures. The pictures don’t do it justice. It looks a lot cleaner under my garage LED lights. It is horrific in person. The car has always been in a climate controlled garage set to 72 degrees. To be handled like this, I’m beside myself. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

5. Garth_W

Garth_W Rookie

Mar 23, 2021
    Full Name:
    Garth Wittmann
    Sorry this notification went to my spam folder..This makes my stomach hurt..So sorry man. I wish I could say I’m surprised. I would urge you to contact Detective David Beckman with the St. Peter’s Police Department to share your story..Besides myself, there are at least 2 other lawsuits ongoing pertaining to Syd and his criminal behavior. My Porsche’s, an older Jag, and a newer Bentley GT that he blew the engine on..The St. Charles prosecutor has my case, as well as the gentleman with the Jag. Both cases are for felony stealing and STILL ongoing..The PA is dragging her feet for some reason..The owner of the Bentley is sueing in a civil case for around $40k I believe..I had a third party mechanic document everything that I was charged for that was not fixed..I’d be more than happy to chat and share what I know..Syd is a ****in straight up criminal nightmare..Let me know if you’d be interested in communicating and I’ll send my contact info.
    Thanks
    Garth Wittmann

6. Garth_W

Garth_W Rookie

Mar 23, 2021
    Full Name:
    Garth Wittmann
    I’d strongly suggest you take your 360 to a reputable Ferrari mechanic ASAP to have all the repairs looked over..From what I understand the engine has to be dropped to replace the clutch, but I’d bet all the money in my savings that he ripped you off..Syd is not a normal person. He’s a legitimate sociopath..I couldn’t believe the depths of his criminal mind with all the made up stories, blatant theft, and he continues to do it albeit it under a new business name, LPS MOTORWERKES I believe..