Beware of Cavallino 2022 changes and Canossa | Page 19 | FerrariChat

Beware of Cavallino 2022 changes and Canossa

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by garybobileff, Jan 12, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    of2worlds likes this.
  2. FerrfanFL

FerrfanFL Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 8, 2021
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Ara
    thanks for posting the pics. i can NOT wait to see them all tomorrow.

3. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    My all-time favorite. Which verde is that?

4. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Aqua Verde Metallizzato (an Alfa Romeo color, metallic sea-green).

Marcel Massini

of2worlds and Jack-the-lad like this.
  5. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Thank you.

6. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Has anyone been turned away by the breakers? They said only allowed in for the concours or if you are a guest?

7. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    #457 Nembo1777, Jan 21, 2022
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2022
    THAT would be the end of the Classic after Thirty years...total destruction of the event, hopefully those Canossa folks aren't THAT clueless...

Texas Forever and Marcel Massini like this.
  8. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I think it's the breakers. And apparently they are not letting people in tomorrow as early as previous years to see the cars lined up. Only at 9.30am or so I was told by security. Pretty pissed.

Texas Forever and Nembo1777 like this.
  9. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Things don’t seem to be going as well as they should be, but I’m not there, just relying on what I’m reading here,

mikesufka likes this.
  10. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    It is almost like people want it to fail, that said I remember back a few years when these same posters were hoping for John Barnes to fail complaining about locations, prices, and decreasing attendance. If you were reading between the lines no matter how much you loved this event, it was heading towards that failure before Canossa came in. So instead of comparing it to Cavallino of 25 years ago, maybe compare it to if there was no Cavallino, which would have happened if John didn't find a buyer.

11. Jbar2002

Jbar2002 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 3, 2021
    Full Name:
    John Barhydt
  12. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    someone plz post pix of the $600 lunch.

EnzoItaly likes this.
  13. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    I don’t see anybody hoping for failure, quite the opposite. Nor do I recall anybody hoping the Barneses would fail. Some here are concerned that Canossa might be leading it down a path to failure, or at least a path to change that will make it unrecognizable from what it once was. And who’s to say there would not have been another buyer? I don’t recall anybody speculating that Barnes was ready to shut it down.

There is a certain arrogance to this, though. Did the new owners seek input from supporters, exhibitors, vendors, even attendees? Perhaps they did, but I don’t see much evidence of it. So far there have been some changes. And so far, most in this forum aren’t especially thrilled with the changes. That doesn’t mean they hope the event will fail. The members here are only a fraction of the attendees and participants. People posting here may have a minority opinion. Most important is the opinion of the people who exhibit and demonstrate their cars. Without them there would be no event. If the judging field ends up looking like a post-Enzo used car lot then yes, many wi

14. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    No one was speculating, the prior deal fell through a couple years ago and then Canossa came to the rescue.

John stayed involved, but I don't know how much, I believe John could have headed off a few of these trippings unless either side wasn't working together fully. Also Luigi and Canossa at least have a track record of running great Ferrari events, even Marcel attests to this. Once you get out of this thread and 5-10 posters many who aren't even going, then everything seems to be pretty positive so far. We'll see though.

15. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I spoke with the breakers security and it's apparently Canossa who does not want people to take pictures early before 8.30am..im guessing they have hired photographers and don't want crowd? If that is the case, very sad decision.

16. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

This evening as the tour arrived and afterwards, there were easily a dozen and a half “enthusiastic photographers” lined up after security taking photographs of all the returning cars.

The same was going on on the upper field as they were arranging these three…

Image Unavailable, Please Login

jm2, Texas Forever and of2worlds like this.
  17. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

So they were let in? It's a mess. I had never been turned away in 10-12 years of coming to Cavallino. But the security at the gate said no unless you have a ticket for the day. And then I called and they then said the Cavallino organizers do not want photographers until it's close the start time of the event which again was never an issue.

Lusso123, Texas Forever and of2worlds like this.
  18. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
  19. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Ferrari has turned into "Peyton Place" ... :(

20. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Spa has always been control freaks. I get it in a sense. They want to protect the brand. However, they need to understand “cool” is organic. It comes from the bottom up. Steve McQueen never worried about his brand. He was cool the day he was born.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

ggjjr, audi_328 and of2worlds like this.
  21. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
  22. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    So they claim they want to bring in a new “young generation” of fans but then they go out of their way to bar any and all public spectators from the grounds? How can that be true!?!?

Do they know the majority of those people are young car nuts and photographers who hang out in the main drive and parking lot just to get a glimpse of a car? Most can’t afford the price of admission yet they are there out of love for the brand. They ARE the future of the event.

But let’s be clear and cut the ****. Canossa doesn’t want them there. They don’t want most of us there. They have adjusted pricing and policies to ensure that the common enthusiast won’t dare intrude on their ooh la la affair. Booting six judges was just the beginning. All these changes are their way of culling the crowd and keeping away the low brow commoners like you and me. ;)

They want to turn it into an elites only marketing tool. Haute Couture, influencers and cars if you will. Don’t even think of trying to join the club if you don’t wear velvet loafers and a Hermes belt. :) The “young generation” they claim to want is the entitled, attention craving, trust fund babies who have the disposable funds to buy every new “special edition” they can pump out.

The game has changed my friends and sadly there is no stopping it.

23. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    It sounds like they should redirect some attention from control to organization.