Beware of Ferrari Maserati of Vancouver | Page 30 | FerrariChat

Beware of Ferrari Maserati of Vancouver

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Dr. Lawrence Miller, Dec 20, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dr. Lawrence Miller

Dr. Lawrence Miller Formula Junior

Jul 11, 2011
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Dr. Lawrence Miller
    I know there's a bus stop in front of Ferrari Maserati of Vancouver. I will look into whether there is ad space!

2. Dr. Lawrence Miller

Jul 11, 2011
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Dr. Lawrence Miller
    I like the way you think! Hmmm... given the existence of this thread, and depending on the nature of the message, there's a pretty good chance I might be included when they "round up the usual suspects" :) Still, it would be totally worth it! I will seriously look into the option of vinyl stickons or ad space.

3. Dr. Lawrence Miller

Jul 11, 2011
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Dr. Lawrence Miller
    This thread now has more than 98,200 views! If we reach the milestone of 100,000 views, I will provide a brief update to that effect on previously posted to Ferrari blogs and websites. I'm sure we are all looking forward to the summer weather and getting out there in our Ferraris!

4. Dr. Lawrence Miller

Jul 11, 2011
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Dr. Lawrence Miller
    #729 Dr. Lawrence Miller, Apr 21, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2018
    After Ferrari Maserati of Vancouver crashed my Ferrari, and I finally got it back some 9 months later, I took great pleasure in removing and unceremoniously destroying the Ferrari Maserati of Vancouver license plate holder surreptitiously installed during a previous owner's service at the dealership. I will definitely not be doing any promotion of their dealership. I ordered a carbon fiber license plate holder from Ebay and it looks great!

It would really send a message if others were to do the same, then post photos of the destroyed license plate holders on this thread, and email the photos to Ferrari Maserati of Vancouver and Ferrari of North America. It probably will not change their business practices, but trust me it's a lot of fun :)!

5. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Just have your daily driver wrapped with FOV Ferrari crashed my car etc and park it across the street. This is a less expensive way to go.

6. Dr. Lawrence Miller

Jul 11, 2011
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Dr. Lawrence Miller
    That might work. There's a Starbucks across the street from FMoV.

7. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    Especially if your daily driver happens to look like this:

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Ferrari 308 GTB and Bluebottle like this.
  8. Dr. Lawrence Miller

Jul 11, 2011
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Dr. Lawrence Miller

Excellent suggestion! I will look into this as well!

9. the_stig

the_stig F1 Rookie

Sep 19, 2005
    How about a fundraiser for a wrapped vehicle and a few college students to move it around Vancouver several times a day? Doesn't have to be a billboard truck, any old commercial van still gives you big flat surfaces and much cheaper.

10. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    You guys are thinking far too inside the box.

Lawrence, just skip to the big finish. Have the thread URL tattooed on your back, and run naked through the streets of Vancouver screaming "Beware! Beware!"

Bluebottle likes this.
  11. LitzDoc

LitzDoc Rookie

Feb 10, 2018
    Please post a summary with a few pics. It’s amazing that this is still an issue 4 1/2 years later. Typically a dealership would make it right. The old adage “the customer is alway right” must be lost in them.

Thanks from a perspective Ferrari owner.

12. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    The customer isn't.

13. Dr. Lawrence Miller

Jul 11, 2011
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Dr. Lawrence Miller
    Excellent idea! I'm going to be in Ottawa tomorrow on business for the next week, but will put something together and post when I get back. Yes, it is baffling as to why Ferrari Maserati of Vancouver and Brian Ross have seemingly done nothing to correct or change their business practices and customer service going forward despite the backlash from the worldwide Ferrari community. If they had, this thread would have ended many months ago. I see on their website that the technician who crashed my Ferrari is still listed as an employee there. Although his actions were negligent, anyone may be forgiven for a mistake or accident. The unprofessional way it was subsequently handled by Ferrari Maserati of Vancouver and Brian Ross was no accident. The evidence is clear, they chose financial greed over good customer service, and there is no sign they will do any differently going forward with other customers.

Ferrari Maserati of Vancouver and Brian Ross may not realize it, but I have been trying to motivate them to genuinely improve their business practices and customer service. However, as the saying goes, a person convinced against their will is of the same opinion still. Given that they have not changed in the past 4 1/2 years, it is highly unlikely they will change going forward. In my view, and based on their actions in my case, they have clearly let financial greed become stronger than "the better angels of their nature".

Thank you for your support!

14. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    I thought your lawsuits' main objectives were recovering tens-of-thousands in damages for "lost pleasure time", not "improving business practices."

SpyderGT likes this.
  15. Dr. Lawrence Miller

Jul 11, 2011
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Dr. Lawrence Miller
    #740 Dr. Lawrence Miller, Apr 28, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 28, 2018

If they don’t pay a price for their nefarious business practices, then where is their incentive to improve their business practices?

16. Dr. Lawrence Miller

Jul 11, 2011
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Dr. Lawrence Miller
    For most people in business, their incentive is integrity. For Ferrari Maserati of Vancouver, their incentive is greed. If it were not so, then this thread would not exist.

Since we are being direct, thorn, what is your incentive in defending the nefarious business practices of Ferrari Maserati of Vancouver?

17. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    You did receive an initial judgement in your favor, didnt you? But on the subsequent ones - have your lawsuits against Ferrari Maserati of Vancouver come to completion, or are you still engaged in legal action against Ferrari Maserati of Vancouver?

BTW, I can't recall... do you still own the car originally taken to Ferrari Maserati of Vancouver?

18. AshAP

AshAP Karting

Apr 14, 2018
    Full Name:
    Ash
    Due to the length of the thread and new to Fchat I’ve had to skip some threads to get to the end.....did FMoV ever pay you out as per the terms of the court judgement?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

19. miketuason

miketuason F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2006
    Cerritos, CA.
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I was just at F of Vancouver and spoke to Eric T. (pre owned manager) and he seems like a cool honest guy that knows exactly what he got and knows what he’s talking about.

20. galt

galt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2005
    I suppose everybody seems cool and easy to deal with until something goes wrong. That is the real test. How do businesses handle things on those inevitable, and hopefully rare, cases where things don't go as planned.

Some businesses will take those opportunities to enhance their reputation by going over the top to make things right. Those businesses earn customers for life.

Others will take the router that seems easy in the short term but does immeasurable damage in the long term.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

21. INRange

INRange F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2014
    Virginia/Florida/Caymans
    Full Name:
    JD

For a long time I have followed this thread with interest and sympathy but I seriously wonder what is to be gained by the continued bashing of a company that has faced justice. It would appear the legal claims are exhausted and neither party is happy about the outcome. At this point, legally it is over and both parties should move on.

Sure you can memorialize their "nefarious business practices" on billboards, websites and vehicles but to what end?

F0V is not going to apologize and say: "we were sooooo wrong .....please forgive us and we will give you a new Ferrari of your choice".

FoV is not going to change its business practices based on further internet based harassment from you or others.

FoV is not going to meet your "ethical" standard no matter what gets posted on Fchat.

FoNA is not going to "punish" them.

A person who wants to buy a car from them will do so (albeit cautiously) regardless.

I don't have a dog in this fight (or do I live in Canada) but after 745 thread posts......you must realize there is nothing further to gain. Thorn's comments reflect a defining moment in most threads when the sentiment shifts from sympathy/support to questioning the OP's motivations. Asking: "what is your incentive in defending the nefarious business practices of Ferrari Maserati of Vancouver? will only accelerate downhill momentum.

I for one am impressed with the way you have handled yourself in this matter.....up to this point.

SpyderGT likes this.
  22. galt

galt Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 19, 2005
    #747 galt, Apr 29, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
    With respect, I wouldn't be so sure that FoV won't change their business practices.

I am not sure they will btw.

However, what I am sure of is they are not happy that thousands of people have seen and will continue to see this. It will surely make them at least think twice next time. For that matter, other dealers that have seen this will probably think twice as well next time they are faced with a situation where things don't go as planned die to their mistake.

Also, I am sure I would never by a car from a dealer that has done this. The chance I am the only one is very low.

Furthermore, while Ferrari may not punish them this time they are certainly on thinner ice than they were before due to this being so "public"--which I suppose is one if the reasons to make such issue of it.

Just my two cents.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

daytona355, DrewH and 19633500GT like this.
  23. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    As a newbie into Ferrari ownership I think this thread and ones like it are invaluable; and deserve to be kept alive.

There are so many dubious operators in this market and as a newbie it can be very difficult to find your way to the honest ones, as those that get burnt along the way often don't go public for a variety of reasons.

What goes around comes around! So keep at it.

AshAP and galt like this.
  24. Dr. Lawrence Miller

Jul 11, 2011
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Dr. Lawrence Miller
    Things are not always as they seem Mike. So Eric T. (pre owned manager) seemed like a cool honest guy who knew the story? Just so you know, I bought my Ferrari F430F1 from Westport Motor Cars in Vancouver - not Ferrari Maserati of Vancouver. I don't know nor have I ever met Eric T., and to my knowledge he had nothing to do with my case. So how or what would he know? I'm sure Eric T. along with the rest of the staff were coached on how to spin the story to unsuspecting Ferrari customers. The fact that you were inclined to believe them suggests they did a really good job. I mean no offense Mike and I'm sure you are a smart guy. They are just really good at it. They deceived me as well.

25. Dr. Lawrence Miller

Jul 11, 2011
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Dr. Lawrence Miller

It's not about the messenger - it's about the message. Ferrari Maserati of Vancouver repeatedly and consistently chose greed over integrity in business (at least in my case). If it had happened to someone else, I would want to know so I could make an informed decision about where to take my Ferrari business.

Yes, I still have my original Ferrari damaged by Ferrari Maserati of Vancouver

daytona355 likes this.