Beware of Ferrari Maserati of Vancouver | Page 31 | FerrariChat

Beware of Ferrari Maserati of Vancouver

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Dr. Lawrence Miller, Dec 20, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dr. Lawrence Miller

Dr. Lawrence Miller Formula Junior

Jul 11, 2011
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Dr. Lawrence Miller

They intentionally delayed payment for many months, but eventually paid when faced with further imminent legal action.

AshAP likes this.
  2. Dr. Lawrence Miller

Jul 11, 2011
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Dr. Lawrence Miller

Exactly! The problem is one of choice. Ferrari Maserati of Vancouver made the wrong choice in my case. Hence the existence of this thread, and the revealing of their character.

With lies you may get ahead in the world — but you can never go back.

3. Dr. Lawrence Miller

Jul 11, 2011
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Dr. Lawrence Miller

Your points are well-reasoned and well-taken. My apologies to Thorn for the above comment. This thread has now reached more that 100,000 views, and I have done my best to do well by the worldwide Ferrari community. I sincerely thank everyone for their support and wish you all the best!

4. Dr. Lawrence Miller

Jul 11, 2011
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Dr. Lawrence Miller
    Your two cents makes a lot of sense :)

galt likes this.
  5. Dr. Lawrence Miller

Jul 11, 2011
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Dr. Lawrence Miller

Thank you for your support!

6. Dr. Lawrence Miller

Jul 11, 2011
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Dr. Lawrence Miller
    If any of my supporters see me at Starbucks, coffee is on me :)

AshAP likes this.
  7. JerseyBland

JerseyBland Karting

Apr 29, 2018
    Chandler AZ
    Full Name:
    Scott B
    Dr. Miller,

Just out of curiosity have you contacted Ferrari directly? I’d be interested in knowing their stance as an authorized dealer is in the sight of the consumer a formal extension of the brand. While I’m sure they have no clear legal liability here, it would seem both to retain a valuable customer, and for the sake of brand integrity they would intervene in some fashion (I.e pressure FoV, a stern letter of reprimand, some sort of acknowledgement).

I’m terribly proud of you for taking a principle stance. If I can afford a Ferrari, how can I not afford to take action when wronged. Inspiring sir, thank you for sharing!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

8. Dr. Lawrence Miller

Jul 11, 2011
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Dr. Lawrence Miller

Thank you so much for your support! I previously contacted Ferrari of North America and Ferrari S.p. A. directly, and the result is described to some extent on page 25 of this thread. They acknowledged that Ferrari Maserati of Vancouver mishandled my case, but they would not tell me whether or how they planned to reprimand them. In any case, I like to think that this thread represents a reprimand from the worldwide Ferrari community, and I sincerely hope it motivates them to do better in the future. Thank you again for your support!

///Mike and JerseyBland like this.
  9. Dr. Lawrence Miller

Jul 11, 2011
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Dr. Lawrence Miller
    I'm going to be entering my Ferrari 2005 F430F1 in the Exotic car show at Redmond (Washington) Town Centre this Saturday (May 19) from 9 a.m. to 11 a.m (weather permitting). If any of my supporters see me there, coffee is on me and I promise not to bore you with stories of Ferrari Maserati of Vancouver :).

10. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    I will be there in spirit (in my gated 2005 F430 Spider). Any tales you have to tell about your dreadful experience at Ferrari of Vancouver www.ferrarimaseratiofvancouver.com/ will always be well received.

11. Dr. Lawrence Miller

Jul 11, 2011
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Dr. Lawrence Miller
    #761 Dr. Lawrence Miller, May 20, 2018
    Last edited: May 21, 2018
    Thank you very much for your support! Your 2005 F430 Spider is a beautiful classic Ferrari. I thought of you as I was having my Starbucks coffee at the Redmond Exotic car show. I hope you are enjoying the summer driving season!

12. Dr. Lawrence Miller

Jul 11, 2011
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Dr. Lawrence Miller
    At the Redmond Exotic car show, a fellow Ferrari owner (Modena Spyder) saw my 2005 Ferrari F430F1 and asked, "aren't you..." and I replied "yes I am". Such is the durability and influence of the current thread. He thanked me several times for standing up to Ferrari Maserati of Vancouver in order to reduce the likelihood of anyone else having to undergo a similar negative experience. I am forever grateful for his support and that of the worldwide Ferrari community.

13. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Top man Doc, if there weren’t people like you determined to make a show of these dealerships, the rest of us would be a great deal poorer for it. Keep on fighting doc

14. Dr. Lawrence Miller

Jul 11, 2011
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Dr. Lawrence Miller
    Thank you very much for your support!

15. Dr. Lawrence Miller

Jul 11, 2011
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Dr. Lawrence Miller
    #765 Dr. Lawrence Miller, Jul 28, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 28, 2018
    I hope everyone is enjoying this excellent driving season! I would like to purchase a new Ferrari 488 Pista, but not through Ferrari Maserati of Vancouver. Accordingly, I have put in a request through Ferrari Maserati of Alberta. Sadly, I'm not famous or a billionaire, nor am I likely to be on Ferrari's preferred customer list ;). Still, nothing ventured nothing gained, and I still have my 2005 Ferrari F430F1 to drive :).

430 Scooter, daytona355 and DrewH like this.
  16. DrewH

DrewH F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver, BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Where would you get it serviced during warranty and when it is out of warranty? It would be expensive to ship to Calgary and Vancouver doesn't have a lot of great out of warranty options.

17. Dr. Lawrence Miller

Jul 11, 2011
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Dr. Lawrence Miller
    You raise excellent points! I'm told that Seattle Ferrari would honor the warranty - although it's a 3-hour drive from Vancouver BC. Still, in my way of thinking, there are no Ferrari dealerships in Vancouver, and therefore I would have to travel elsewhere.

DrewH likes this.
  18. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Another consideration is the "free maintenance" program by FNA. You would need to ask if that can be obtained in the USA or not as well. I know for BMW, warranty work is available anywhere in North America, but their free maintenance program is only available in the "home" country the car is purchased in.

19. Dr. Lawrence Miller

Jul 11, 2011
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Dr. Lawrence Miller

Excellent point! From what I'm told, my understanding is that the free maintenance program by FNA would also be honored by Seattle Ferrari. However, I'm not sure whether that offer would apply to all Ferrari owners in North America, or whether an exception would be made in my case because of my negative experience and refusal to deal with Ferrari Maserati of Vancouver.

Of course, the above is all contingent on whether Ferrari Maserati of Alberta will allow me to purchase the new Ferrari 488 Pista. I put in the request several months ago and have been told to be patient - apparently it builds character :)

AshAP likes this.
  20. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Doc, wish you well in your quest to get your hands on a Pista. Great car, and after all you’ve been through, I’d hope Ferrari make a point of allowing you one, and take an allocation for one from Vancouver and give it to Seattle, allowing Vancouver to lose the profit of one ferrari allocation, and Seattle to gain the additional bonuses of the extra allocation in deference to their being nice enough to help. It’s the least you deserve, and a stick in the eye for Vancouver, one of many, one hopes

I suspect a three hour road trip to get a service in one of the prettiest corners of the world will make for some interesting ‘service’ trips over the years

Forza Ferrari good doctor

21. Dr. Lawrence Miller

Jul 11, 2011
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Dr. Lawrence Miller

Thank you so much for your support! I hope that the Ferrari powers that be are watching and take notice of your excellent suggestion. In my view, it could only result in good publicity for the Ferrari brand. Again, I really appreciate your support!

daytona355 likes this.
  22. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL
    I believe it's more likely that FNA wishes he had never owned a Ferrari.

23. Dr. Lawrence Miller

Jul 11, 2011
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Dr. Lawrence Miller
    If that's true, then I have successfully held them to account :).

daytona355 likes this.
  24. daytona355

BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I don’t think FNA would be so short sighted as to see the issue here was not the doc, but the incompetent villains at Vancouver who like to trash customer cars but don’t think they should actually be held accountable.

25. Dr. Lawrence Miller

Jul 11, 2011
    Vancouver BC Canada
    Full Name:
    Dr. Lawrence Miller
    Exactly!

paulchua and daytona355 like this.