Beware of this car- Salvaged- Vague seller | FerrariChat

Beware of this car- Salvaged- Vague seller

Discussion in '360/430' started by Tarek307, Feb 12, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Long Beach, CA & Alexandria,Egypt.
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    This manual 360 popped up on CL, i called the guy, asked all kinds of questions, i can tell from talking to him he was a bit shady- asked him if it was clean clear title clean carfax he says yes then i pull the carfax and auto check and its FLOOD DAMAGED , so i search the vin and i see he had it listed on ebay as SALVAGED just last week , so he knew what was up with the car and tried to hide it-

Here is the vin so its forever online- By the way, its a flood damaged car from 2004 so if its lived this long its probably fine at the right deal, but i always buy the seller, and this guy is either a shady flipper or just an unethical pos.

2002 360 spider in Irvine, CA
    ZFFYT53AX20130268
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

BlueC2, f355spider and Jaguar36 like this.
  2. RANDY6005

RANDY6005 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 9, 2017
    Jacksonville
    Full Name:
    RANDY
    Here what I found on that car show clean title
    hicle Inquiry
    Vehicle Search

Search Criteria
    Mark Title Sold Print Inquiry
    Vehicle Information
    VIN
    ZFFYT53AX20130268
    DMV #
    VEHICLE TYPE
    AUTO
    BODY TYPE
    CONVERTIBLE
    VEHICLE USE
    PRIVATE
    OWNER COUNT:
    YEAR MAKE
    MAKE TYPE
    FERRARI
    COLOR
    ALUMINUM / SILVER
    NET WEIGHT
    GVW

TITLE NUMBER:
    ELECTRONIC TITLE STATUS:
    PAPER TITLE
    CURRENT TITLE STATE:
    FLORIDA
    ISSUE DATE:
    4/4/2003
    TITLE STATUS:
    TITLE CORRECTION
    TITLE STATUS DATE:
    4/4/2003
    ODOMETER DATE
    4/1/2003
    ODOMETER MILEAGE
    ODOMETER STATUS
    A
    UNIT OF MEASURE
    Miles
    Title Stops: 0
    Brands: 0

Registration Information
    Registration Information

EFFECTIVE DATE:

EXPIRATION DATE:

REGISTRATION USE:

REGISTRATION TYPE:

VEHICLE CLASS:

LICENSE PLATE CODE:

REGISTRATION NUMBER:

REGISTRATION STATUS CODE:

EFS STATUS:

LOG #
    LICENSE PLATE NUMBER:

LICENSE PLATE STATUS CODE:

LICENSE PLATE EXPIRATION DATE:

LICENSE PLATE ISSUE DATE:

INITIAL FEE PAID CODE:

OWNER UNIT NUMBER:

ARF CREDIT:

US DOT NUMBER:

CANCELLATION DATE:

CANCEL REASON CODE:

BIENNIAL REGISTRATION FLAG:

DECAL TYPE:

DECAL YEAR:

DECAL ISSUE DATE:

DECAL NUMBER;

Registration Stop(s):
    Title Owner

COMPANY NAME
    CHUBB GROUP OF INSURANCE COS
    FEID
    CUSTOMER NUMBER
    MAILING ADDRESS
    600 INDEPENDENCE PARKWAY, CHESAPEAKE, VA, 23320-0000
    Owner Stops: 0

Registration Owner

Lien Information
    No Lien Information
    Insurance Information

3. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah

well good thing i'm not using whatever service you are using! Auto check and carfax say otherwise- The title was "WASHED" thats why it may show a clean CA title
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

whatheheck and f355spider like this.
  4. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Actually, I have been told by experienced technicians that flood cars can continue to be problematic forever, as new problems can crop up from the corrosion that sets in. Mostly related to the electronics and ECUs, but even mechanicals. I'd steer away.

5. AuthenticRebuilds

Feb 5, 2019
    Full Name:
    david
    ive talked to that guy, he cant follow up with simple request, ect. Its always good to do your hopework, the blue gated 360 that became a submarine was on copart recently,,,,,smh im sure somebody overpaid.

6. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    The guy is a shadester, you can tell by talking to him he is a snake- he knows the car is salvaged and acts like its not because it now has a CA clean title i think (title was washed when transfered to CA)

7. AuthenticRebuilds

Feb 5, 2019
    Full Name:
    david
    He had pics of a 348 he said he had, but couldnt even come up with a price or the last time a major was done.

8. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    probably a scum bag flipper from what it seems like. He will get his- Karma is a biatch - and now the vin to his salvaged ferrari that i posted here shows up on google, so good luck to him trying to screw someone on it ;) if anyone has a brain they will google the vin and they will be met with this thread

AuthenticRebuilds likes this.
  9. Drestless

Drestless Formula 3

Oct 1, 2014
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Jam
    How many miles and how much?

Eventhough the guy is shady and lying to his teeth, if he is asking $30k or below with miles lower than 15k and gated shifter then it doesn't matter.

As long as it runs and checks out fine. Steal the deal IMHO.

10. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    sure, but i am a "buy the seller" type of guy, if he's lying about one thing then he is lying about a lot more..who knows what hidden gremlins it could have EVEN if it passes a ppi

11. AuthenticRebuilds

Feb 5, 2019
    Full Name:
    david
    hes wanting 57 or 58k plus there is the milage issue on carfax, the first couple years are very suspusious.

12. azlin75

azlin75 Formula Junior

Jul 16, 2017
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Shawn Hicks
    At the end of the day the car is only worth what the seller can either trick someone into paying or what an informed buyer is willing to pay. If the engine has good compression it alone is worth nearly 30k if some of the 360 engines I’ve seen for sale are to be believed.

I guess what I’m saying here is if the right buyer gets a decent deal on the car reguardless of the sellers deception it could be a good deal. Just don’t plan on selling it later very quickly.

13. Ryan...

Ryan... Karting

Nov 9, 2012
    WI
    I played the flood damage game years ago on a 2000 M5.

Never. Ever. Again.

Even though it ran great and nearly everything worked for the 8k hard miles I put on, it would pop out 8 pages worth of diagnostic errors if you brought it to a dealer. Can't imagine playing that game on a Ferrari.

f355spider and Texas Forever like this.
  14. I'm 360 Canuck

I'm 360 Canuck Formula 3

Nov 21, 2015
    Ontario, The Real One in Canada
    Full Name:
    Lars!
    I’d have a much bigger issue with a flood car than a salvage one.
    In fact, here in Canada a flood record car can never be registered.

15. Drestless

Drestless Formula 3

Oct 1, 2014
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Jam
    I agree; however, if this can be bought for 30k USD or less. As long as,
    1. The engine compression is ok, it runs and drives it will steal be a steal for somebody.
    2. Carfax and Autocheck has no additional negatives
    3. Cleared from National Insurance Bureau that it's not stolen

For that steal price I don't need to do the "buy the seller" approach anymore. Any other hidden issues are irrelevant if all of the above are met IMHO. Worse case it will be a parts car, just the engine alone is worth close to 30k USD.

Well let me take that back. :D As long as the hidden stuff doesn't involve a body bag or illegal drugs hidden somewhere in the car then everything else is fair game. ;)

16. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    Guys, the car is priced very well if it checks out- the only thing is the person i talked to was vague, i spoke to the actual owner of the car and he pointed it me to his own ad and it was more detailed and mentioned that the car was flood damage in FL in 2003 but clean title in CA - So this shouldn't deter buyers now that i've gotten the entire story from the owner of the car himself not the guy that had listed it on CL and had no idea how to be clear when describing a car

17. AuthenticRebuilds

Feb 5, 2019
    Full Name:
    david
    Ive made an offer on this car earlier on, something alot of people dont realize is how easy a car can be totaled for flood. If water so much as touches the underbody it can be considered flood. Also something common with porsche is when an owner leaves his drivers side window down and it downpours, and kills the imobalizer under the seat. Id bet as long ago that the car had its damage any issues it would have had have been sorted by now. The lack of miles from the first owner seems a little suspicious to me. Ive thought of making another offer the downside still is when you might go to sell it. Even cheap it can be a pain to move a salvaged or rebuilt title car but flood cars have a whole other stigma being most people think as flood cars like the ones you see floating down a river on the nightly news. Maybe Ill make another offer, id love a stick 360 in the garage!

18. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah

A manual gated 360 sells for $80-$100k+ at these miles so i think its priced rite & now that i talked to that actual owner and didn't get a bs story from him, i'd say its a good deal- it was already a good deal, just as i mentioned earlier, buy the seller and the seller that had made the i had seen was very vague and being shady unbeknownst to the actual owner

19. AuthenticRebuilds

Feb 5, 2019
    Full Name:
    david
    yea I talked to the two guys who are partners, responces were slow if i got one at all