Beware of User UTAH997 | FerrariChat

Beware of User UTAH997

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by cfensty, Jan 27, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. cfensty

cfensty Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2008
    South Carolina
    Bought two items from him on FChat. Paid immediately over two weeks ago. One item that was described as being a “new and never used cover” showed up after two weeks but was obviously used bc of the round black tire marks on the inside. The other item never showed up and he never sent tracking info as promised. Has not responded to any emails or FChat messages since 1/13/19. Total deadbeat scumbag and probably stole the items in the first place. Hopefully this heads up will do other FChat members some good if he lists other items for sale.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

2. 02360spider

02360spider Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Dartmouth
    Full Name:
    Richard oliveira
    Hopefully he will reply on here and maybe its a miss understand

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

3. titus2669

titus2669 Karting

Oct 4, 2017
    Sacramento CA
    Full Name:
    Titus
    He used to be a very active member on thre vette forums for many many years. I hope this gets resolved cause I have never heard him do anything like this before. Ill keep an eye on this and will send him a PM over on the other forums if needbe.

4. cfensty

cfensty Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2008
    South Carolina
    please do because he wont respond to FChat PMs or emails. I even sent him a PayPal request for the portion of the funds sent toward the item he never sent to no avail. Between FChat PMs, emails and PayPal he certainly knows about it. Thanks for the help. Mods may want to look into as well since he has now committed fraud against a longtime member.

5. titus2669

titus2669 Karting

Oct 4, 2017
    Sacramento CA
    Full Name:
    Titus
    Last activity on corvetteforum was 1/18/19. I sent him a PM about this. He might be out of the country. Hope this helps. Keep us posted.

6. flash32

flash32 F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2008
    Central NJ
    Full Name:
    Dominick
    I had a success transaction in the early part of Jan .. he responded to every inquiry and all goods were delivered as stated. I did reach out around mid Jan on a simple question and have not heard back. This leads me to believe since it was a simple question and not really affecting the purchase he is either out of country or, hopefully not, sick

I have faith in people and I really think there is an explanation for him being out of touch

Sorry you are having this issue

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

7. Nospinzone

Nospinzone F1 Veteran

Jul 1, 2013
    Weston, MA
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I find it amazing how many people have been scammed by members on this website.

8. utah997

utah997 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2007
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Whoah. Easy there bud. Total deadbeat scum? Really dude? Stolen?

Wow, that escalated quickly.

First of all, I hadn’t used that cover. It came with the 430 when I purchased it. I guess I didn’t check the inside for tire marks (insert rolling eye emoji here)

I gave you a helluva deal on it. If you don’t want it or are going to bad mouth me about me selling stolen goods, send it back and I’ll refund you.

As for the case, and cover.. I left both with my assistant and gave shipping insctructions. I have been travelling and off the grid for a couple of weeks, and was unaware of this issue.

I posted several items for sale and all buyers have been satisfied other than this issue.

I’ll check out what happened when I get in the office on monday and either refund or reship.

Been on here since ‘08 and had three F cars, been on Corvette forum since ‘04. Gooed reputation on both.

I think this post was in bad form, but you do you...

Doug

anunakki and daytona355 like this.
  9. utah997

utah997 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2007
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Ps... “long time member” I’ve been on just as long as you have. Not a n00b here

daytona355 likes this.
  10. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Uh oh........ sounds like a reasonable excuse to me, but just maybe next time the assistant needs to be able to access the PMs just in case! Kudos Utah!

anunakki likes this.
  11. Schulz308

Schulz308 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 21, 2014
    STL USA
  12. utah997

utah997 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2007
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Right.. now who’s not responding.

This public lynching over something so trivial seems a little much

13. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Now that this little misunderstanding is straightened out, bet you guys will be doing a lot of future transactions!

daytona355 likes this.
  14. utah997

utah997 Formula Junior

Apr 24, 2007
    Utah
    Full Name:
    Doug
    I bet not.

Gotta say I’m pretty mellow. But not a big fan of being slandered on a public forum.

I’m getting accused of being a thief, deadbeat scumbag.. and whatever else. So I respond, and I don’t even get the courtesy of an apology or a “thanks for letting me me know what happened”

Pretty hard to get me fired up, but that did it.

Tell ya what Craig. I’m going to refund you for the book. Send the cover back and I’ll refund that too. Deal?

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

15. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    IMO 2 weeks is absolutely not enough time to pass to go calling people out in public. Bad form on the original poster.

daytona355 likes this.
  16. ylshih

ylshih Shogun Assassin
    Honorary Owner

Mar 21, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Yin
    90+% of the time these things are disputes in miscommunications or dissimilar expectations and we simply don't have enough/any of the facts, communications, visual/physical access to the items, or both sides of the story so as to be able to "look into it".

We allow these complaint or grievance threads or follow-on posts to the sales threads as the main mechanism to report buyer and seller feedback. Note that we've seen the complaints rebound on the buyer frequently in these situations.