Big brake kit for F430 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Big brake kit for F430

Discussion in '360/430' started by TheCook, Mar 20, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    I had a Brembo kit (6-piston front, 4-piston rear, grooved discs) on a 575M and it was brilliant; I began with front only but then added the rear also because upgrading only the front tends to change the braking balance.

2. TheCook

TheCook Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2015
    Buckinghamshire
    Full Name:
    Ian
    Just realised I started this thread but never updated it. Thanks for all the input, in the end I went with a 6-pot 390mm set from AP Racing. I needed to get the calliper brackets and rotor bells custom made which the guys at http://www.bgdevelopments.co.uk/ did for me. Just the fronts and they are FANTASTIC. You'll notice the car is has also been wrapped and lowered with Novitec springs - plus OZ Racing Ultraleggera wheels fitted. Before and after pictures below. Before pic was after a 4 day hoon through the Welsh countryside!

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

tifosi101 and f355spider like this.
  3. mike32

mike32 F1 Veteran

May 13, 2016
    Isle of man- uk
    It makes the OEMs look like something on my RAV4 diesel- what is the black finish on the wheels, black gloss or powder coated

4. TheCook

TheCook Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2015
    Buckinghamshire
    Full Name:
    Ian
    Not sure re finish. I ordered them from OZ Racing like that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. RedTaxi

RedTaxi F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 1, 2012
    New Zealand
    Full Name:
    Glen
    Wow brakes look awesome. How low did you go? Any rubbing?

6. TheCook

TheCook Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2015
    Buckinghamshire
    Full Name:
    Ian
    Thank you. Really pleased with them, have done 20 lap sessions around Silverstone with no fade.

The car was done to Scud height just after I bought it but with the stiffer Novitec springs I went down further. Ultimately I’m 45mm down from factory height although factory height can vary somewhat. My measurements from the high point of the wheel rim to the high point of the wheel arch are 9cm at the front at 10cm at the rear. Bit of rake helps the diffuser work. That’s with 19” wheels and 35 profile tyres, and no rubbing issues. I have increased camber to -2 all round as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. sakodik

sakodik Karting

Jun 2, 2016
    Santa Clara
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Thanks Ian. Been looking at this thread for awhile now. Ended up with CCB over the BBK for slightly more since it looked factory.

8. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
  9. Fabspeed Motorsport

Sponsor

Feb 5, 2009
    Fort Washington, PA
    Full Name:
    John S
    #34 Fabspeed Motorsport, Dec 19, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
    We offer GiroDisc rotors AND pads. Perfect for track and street use. Ive had nothing but positive feedback on them!

Jtatt likes this.
  10. Jtatt

Jtatt Rookie

Jan 15, 2017
    I was gonna mention this.. anyone use the fabspeed ? Need new brakes for the car