Birdman THANK you | FerrariChat

Birdman THANK you

Discussion in '308/328' started by Steve King, Mar 15, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Steve King

Steve King F1 Rookie

Feb 15, 2001
    NY
    OK I just finished the belt and tensioner and decided to do the carbs. So I looked up the "Birdman's" carb tune up guide and gave it a run. Super guide and simple to follow. Everything went as explaned in the guide. It took me 3 hours and my clothes smell like a fuel depot but the engine runs sweet. I'm cleaning the K&N tonight and also cleaned the air cleaner front silencer over night so it can dry out. The adjustment process was straight forward and even the air flow #'s were the same. I'll recheck it in the morning before I put the air cleaner back on. Just want to see if I need to tweak the A/F mixture. Good thing the weather was in the 50's today so I could do this outside. I don't think my wife would take the gas smell if done in the garage. I'll pull the tune up plugs and put in the new set and then change the oil. After this is all done I will start the Sanden AC conversion.
    So once again Birdman THANKS