Birmingham Italian Festival April 28th | FerrariChat

Birmingham Italian Festival April 28th

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by sicilian, Apr 19, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sicilian

sicilian Rookie

Nov 17, 2003
    Saturday April 28th is the Feast of St. Mark Italian Food Festival in Birmngham. This inaugural Festival is a fundraiser for St. Mark's Church and will include lots of authentic Italian food, music, dancing, and of course the cars.

A special parking area located near the festival entrance will feature all types of Italian cars. They are expecting several Ferrari's including a 458, California, 550 Barchetta, 360, 308, Boxer, Daytona plus a few Lambo's, Alfa's, and Fiat's. The weather is supposed to be great so it will be a good opportunity to get out and enjoy the cars.

More info can be found on the festival website (www.italianfoodfest.org). Over 1000 tickets have been sold and in the event of a sellout, you can still bring your car and enjoy the festival outside of the food expo building. The festival runs from 2:00 - 10:00 p.m., and since there is no car registration you can go anytime.

Hope to see a great turnout of Ferrari's!

2. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    Next year, please don't do it on the same weekend as the Mitty!!!

3. FOSM

FOSM Rookie

Apr 27, 2012
    Actually only people with a ticket will be able to get in even at the expo. Response has been beyond any expectation and we are sold out. We do look forward to have many more Ferraris next year and we will post schedule on the forum.
    Regards,

4. steve02370

steve02370 Karting

Jul 11, 2011
    AL
    Full Name:
    Steve N
    Just read this.. Does this mean I should not bring my F430 last minute?

5. sicilian

sicilian Rookie

Nov 17, 2003
    Can't see why they would not want to have another Ferrari there. They may keep you from eating the food, but they shouldn't keep you from parking your Ferrari out front. It would only add to the festival....I'm sure the people who bought tickets would appreciate seeing a 430 there.

6. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    I went to one back in the 90s and Phil Hill was there.

7. steve02370

steve02370 Karting

Jul 11, 2011
    AL
    Full Name:
    Steve N
    Ahhh... I just went to the lake instead :)

Does anyone have a common email for some of the Bham guys.. I would like be on a mailing list of 'happenings'.

8. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    I was there too. I still have the ton of pics I took that day and the next day at Tigprix.

I still have the Phil Hill autograph pic. It is in a frame sitting right behind me now

9. parkerfe

parkerfe F1 World Champ

Sep 4, 2001
    Cumming, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Franklin E. Parker
    I remember watching the F1 race with Phil Hill early Sunday morning at the hotel. He was very knowledgeable of course and everyone loves his comments on the race.

10. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    That is amazing and one heck of a cool memory for both of you Frank and Tommy!