Black Interior Pieces Melting | FerrariChat

Black Interior Pieces Melting

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by SCOTT360, Dec 1, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SCOTT360

SCOTT360 Rookie

Nov 15, 2009
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    Scott Weinstein
    Can anyone shed some light on what causes the black material that Ferrari uses inside there cars
    to just start melting one day. My 2005, 430 Spider just started melting this year out of no where:(. WTF!!!

2. anunakki

anunakki Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 8, 2005
    Las Vegas Nevada
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Welcome to Ferrari ! :D

Schatten and blown94conv like this.
  3. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    The ironic part is they kept doing it, year after year, model after model ;)

4. blown94conv

blown94conv Karting

Feb 3, 2007
    Berlin, CT
    Full Name:
    David
    Never fear, it’ll only cost you thousands to repair. And it’s considered part of the experience.

I’m still struggling with that part.

Schatten and thorn like this.
  5. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    I think most (at least 1st time) Ferrari owners are the type that like to work on their cars. So, in a bizarre way, it's somewhat nice to buy a car that not quite perfect but will some cash and sweat equity one can take care of the small items and feel connected to the car and that they had a role in the restoration. At least that is my experience when I got my first Ferrari 5 years ago. I bought a low mile, pristine car but it did need some very minor stuff addressed. I got mine in January so it was nice to spend a few winter months doing little things to make the car perfect. The money I spent doing so didn't bother me in the least.

But, I'd also assume many others just want to add gas and drive.

I'm 360 Canuck likes this.
  6. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

^^^^^^
    This !

7. GTS Bruce

GTS Bruce Pisses in your Cheerios

Oct 10, 2012
    Orchard Park NY
    Full Name:
    Bruce Roche
    Great isn't it. Comes off the switches etc but not your hands. Sticky Rx soon.

8. blown94conv

blown94conv Karting

Feb 3, 2007
    Berlin, CT
    Full Name:
    David
    I’m a first time owner, and plan on doing as much as possible myself. I’ve got way to much invested in tools to let someone else have all the fun.

It just annoys me that that a known problem since the mid-90’s is still around, and even on the newest models they will have this problem crop up within 5 years. Absolutely inexcusable in my opinion.

9. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    David, depending on your model, you may be able to do some / all parts yourself. Ones with graphics, probably not. Go to our website and watch some videos. Nothing will come close to our coatings. But, I get the idea of sweat equity - that's how I started so it's all good ;)

10. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    Just think, when you give someone a ride, and they want to touch everything, you say "DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING!"
    You aren't being an ass, you are looking out for their best interest. That stuff doesn't come off hands easily.