Black mastic / sealant used in cars? | FerrariChat

Black mastic / sealant used in cars?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by stevetr, Nov 3, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

  1. stevetr

    stevetr Formula Junior

    Sep 29, 2003
    Surrey, UK
    Full Name:
    A flexible black mastic type product has been extensively used in the construction of my car (90 TR). Its used to prevent rattles and squeeks in metal/metal joints around the bodywork. For example the Ferrari badged door thresholds have copious ammounts under them, and the engine cover grilles also use it. Any idea what product is used and where it can be obtained?

  2. Dale

    Dale F1 Veteran

    Oct 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    Dale Juan
    Hi steve have a tube of what you want and trust me it is the stuff,its made by wynns silicone black part no 57699,im using it on a crysler prowler im constructing,its about £8.00,per tube and it goes a long way,if you have any problems getting some i can get a tube for you and will post it,

Share This Page