Black Paint | FerrariChat

Black Paint

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by THE RED MENACE, Sep 12, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. THE RED MENACE

THE RED MENACE Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 24, 2005
    I know this has probably been discussed many times before, but I thinking about getting a black Cali T. How hard is it to live with black exterior paint in Arizona. I don't want to spend a ton of time cleaning the car, I will say however I am not someone who needs a spotless car, and I can live with a little dust/dirt. So my question is how hard is it to keep presentable. Thanks

2. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Not bad at all. You sound like you have a reasonable expectation of cleanliness. Yes the car gets dusty. They all get dusty.

Now if you live on a dirt road... don't buy a cali period or sports car period and expect it to be clean regardless of color.

The nice thing about Arizona and the dust means that it is dry. So the car doesn't really get grimmey. Just dust. There isn't sludge in our streets. you typically aren't even driving over wet roads because its so dry whatever sprinkler leak puddle only lasts 20 minutes.

Cars stay pretty clean hear.

Now a white car... you would be surprised how much kind of soot like material gets kicked up behind the wheels.

Get a black one. you will not regret it.

3. THE RED MENACE

THE RED MENACE Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 24, 2005
    I placed my order today, and went with my gut, and went with white, I had seen a few Cali T's in both black and white, and I just liked the white, more. I was thinking black with bordeaux interior, but felt that it might be a passing favorite, but the white I have liked for a while

4. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    good choice. Yeah, black is hard to keep clean, but its also hot in arizona :)

White looks great on the Cali, what color interior did you spec?

5. THE RED MENACE

THE RED MENACE Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 24, 2005
    Cuoio Diamond with Black stitching with black horses in the headrest, with diamond forged rims, and glossy black calipers. We are going to put a request in for LED's in the regular wheel so it matches the rest of the interior.

6. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin

You have completely failed. What a shame. Its going to look terrible. I hope you are happy with yourself now.

Just kidding. Can't go wrong. i love the fact that you chose cuio as well. I think that is my favorite interior for any year ferrari. Its so rich looking. Honestly its hard to go wrong with specing a cali. As odd as it seems it seems to be a very forgiving car as far as color and what I most enjoy about Calis is people seem to order them in something other than resale red. They order what THEY want. I think that is the most refreshing trend in Ferrari right now

7. THE RED MENACE

THE RED MENACE Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 24, 2005
    For a brief moment I thought about red, I had a red 430 and loved it. The color I love the most is grigio titanio, had that in a 550 and 458, I wanted to go something different this time, and I just kept coming back to white. Very clean looking

8. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    sounds great. Being a pain now...but, did you consider white stitching and seat horsey?

9. THE RED MENACE

THE RED MENACE Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 24, 2005
    I did my concern with it being a convertible would the white stitching get dirty. White would look very nice but again I went the safe route

10. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    Makes sense. Enjoy the build process, must be exciting :)

11. THE RED MENACE

THE RED MENACE Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 24, 2005
    I am excited! It will be a long wait, I asked the dealer if he would give me a loaner Fcar when I'm in town to make the wait easier, he was very non committal in his answer :)