Black Schedoni luggage set for Testarossa | FerrariChat

Black Schedoni luggage set for Testarossa

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by chabch, Mar 30, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. chabch

chabch Formula 3

Aug 15, 2010
    France
    Full Name:
    Christophe
  2. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    What a price ..... must be the price in old French Francs .... ridiculous imo!

3. uzz32soarer

uzz32soarer F1 Rookie

Sep 9, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Robert Hayden
    And one piece is missing................

4. 302Tim

302Tim Formula 3

Jul 2, 2011
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Tim
  5. BlackTesta

BlackTesta Karting

Feb 24, 2012
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Sebastian Fischer
  6. uzz32soarer

uzz32soarer F1 Rookie

Sep 9, 2006
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Robert Hayden
    Yes the grey testarossa set shown on the ebay link above is missing the briefcase that sits on the rear shelf behind the seats.

The 512's only have five pieces and the shapes are different to a testa.

7. Jackmb1

Jackmb1 F1 Rookie

Dec 27, 2005
  8. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
  9. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Bruno, my Testarossa set has just four pieces, it hasn't the two small bags. I considered the two small bags as optional cabin bags to put behind the headrests. Are them option bags like the two of the 348-355 luggage set (that has three bags as standard) so the Testarossa standard set has four pieces or has six pieces as standard? Do the two small bags go into the trunk?

I have the luggage set, but I don't have a Testarossa...

Thank you very much

Ciao

10. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    I do not believe they were sold as anything but 6 piece sets. My Idea Ferrari catalog of the period only refers to a 6 piece set. The 2 small cases go in the small areas behind the headlights. Not being a TR owner you have no idea how valuable that space is when travelling.

11. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Yes Brian, that would be my guess too: I have just looked in the period catalogues that I have, to answer Alberto's request, and all "official" pictures always illustrate the full six pieces set.
    What is slightly puzzling is that here at least (in Europe) from all Schedoni luggage sets, it seems to be the one that is most often sold piece by piece. When you are missing a bag or two, the chances that you might find the one missing are rather good; with the provison that matching the tan hides is rather difficult...
    Whereas finding for instance a shoe box only for a 308/328 set is very, very difficult...

Rgds

12. pnorell

pnorell Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 24, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Peter
    #12 pnorell, Dec 8, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  13. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    #13 Albert-LP, Dec 8, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    thank you very much: the Testarossa set is the one I know less.

I have those four: so what am I missing, to have a standard set?

All two the small bags?

So the two big bags go inside the front trunk and the smallest two go behind the seats?

ciao

Edit:

Just called at the phone who sold me the set: he says he got it new with the car (new) and had just those pieces. Possible? Did he tell me a lie? Did he forget something, as he is very old? It was sold in Italy, of course. Thank you very much again
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. pnorell

pnorell Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 24, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Just the small vanity boxes are missing. The briefcase fits behind the seats as well as the other shorter piece

15. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Alberto...are the three bottles half-hidden at left on your pic part of the "standard set"? They go right into the pilot case, that's it?

Rgds

16. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    thank you very much, Brian.

thank you very much, Peter.

:D

I will ask Mr. Schedoni next time I will see him. I will give him those three bottles of "Lambrusco" wine to thank him...

Maybe I'm wrong, but the Italian market was "poor" and maybe here they sold a smaller and cheaper version of the luggage set just with those four bags and the two small vanity boxes were optional like the two cabin bags on the 348-355. Who knows: let's see. It would be very strange that I have an option bag and not two standard small boxes... Let's see.

Thank you all

ciao

17. Themaven

Themaven F1 Rookie

Nov 2, 2014
    Eastdown
    Full Name:
    Darius
    When I bought my F512M, it came (no extra charge - - just a nice surprise) with 3 pieces of black Schedoni. Two suitcases and the briefcase for behind the passenger seat.

Later I noticed that a friend's extra Testa luggage would not actually fit behind the recessed headlights of the M. I can't imagine they made an extra set for the 501 Ms produced. Does anyone know exactly what luggage was provided for M owners who bought the option?

18. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Seen many sets ... but never other than TR and 512TR ... to few 512M's I guess Darius ...