blinker fluid question...PLEASE HELP! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

blinker fluid question...PLEASE HELP!

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Robz328, Dec 16, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    Is that the same one with the 4-way trailer hitch AND the bicycle rack? I think I've seen in around...

:D

Mike in Kuwait

2. Steve King

Steve King F1 Rookie

Feb 15, 2001
    NY
    Yep just leave it to Lucas (prince of darkness) to come up with a smoke replacement kit. When I lost the smoke in the wires of my XK-E I had to scrap the car. Are those English threads or do you need an adapter. If so where would you get one. I'm sure you can't mix English threads with Italian unless you use olive oil as a lubricant. Can someone please verify this.

3. Robz328

Robz328 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 16, 2009
    ATL, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Rob Hemphill
    #28 Robz328, Dec 17, 2009
    Last edited: Dec 17, 2009
    That product would be excellent for the early models with embedded smoke.
    Does that vendor make the self-lubrication make-up lubricant...you know, it's got to be properly formulated.

4. Robz328

Robz328 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 16, 2009
    ATL, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Rob Hemphill
    Do you combine shipping?

5. Robz328

Robz328 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 16, 2009
    ATL, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Rob Hemphill
    #30 Robz328, Dec 17, 2009
    ...don't forget the chains for the mountain passes.

BTW, I completely forgot to reprogram the fluid module: the system observation parameter (we experts call them SOP's) for fluid lifespan wasn't reset after replenishment. I'll do that now and see if the blink rate resets itself. Thanks for the excellent reminder, tbakowsky.

6. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Seems as everyone forgot to have the lug nuts rotated and the summer air replaced by Canadian winter air.

7. Robz328

Robz328 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 16, 2009
    ATL, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Rob Hemphill
    IT WORKED!!!!!

I reset SOP 1522 in the blinker fluid control module and now my blink rate is correct! Thanks again, tbakowsky. BTW, my wheel nut torque wasn't adversely affected because I had installed the new software upgrade...just didn't reset the SOP after replacing fluid.

I'll have to wait until after the holidays to get the radiator insulator; they must be very popular because they were sold out. Next year, I was thinking of upgrading my exhaust, so I am strongly considering the self-sealed muffler bearings.

THANKS EVERYONE!!!

8. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Be careful it was announced this morning that there is a world wide recall of those. Turns out that they were using the cheapest Chinese made bushings painted to look like the real thing.

9. RobNYC

RobNYC Formula Junior

Sep 22, 2009
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Robert S
    The finnegan pin in my 360 just broke. The factory part is $5400 and I was wondering if anyone knows where I could get one cheaper, or if I could just epoxy the thing back together and reinstall it? It's in 3 pieces so it's not really that bad....

10. Robz328

Robz328 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 16, 2009
    ATL, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Rob Hemphill
    Thank for that one, beast. They probably used asbestos-loaded lead paint as well. I will hold off: I may just have to settle with the normal Ferrari exhaust tone...oh well.

11. Robz328

Robz328 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 16, 2009
    ATL, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Rob Hemphill
    If you TIG-weld 3 10-penny nails together, it should work better than the standard factory part: don't forget the finnegan pin repair sleeves.

12. mseals

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    I thought they had to be brazed in order not to malform the molecules in the nails...

Should I change mine out? I was short one sleeve anyway and used a new dryer sheet as a substitute... seems to work ok...

Mike in Kuwait

13. Robz328

Robz328 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 16, 2009
    ATL, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Rob Hemphill
    Mike,
    Good observation. That would be true for the Ferrari replacement part, however the ferromagnetic nature of the steel in common 10-penny nails overcomes the iso-oxidation experienced with the sleeve installation with the TIG welding operation. I don't know much about dryer sheet, though; how long have you operated with that fix?
    Rob

Now to go for a drive in my fully-speced-out Ferrari....

14. ZINGARA 250GTL

ZINGARA 250GTL F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jun 21, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Ken
    To prevent blinker interference, you really should have looked at the stalk belt for wear. Nonetheless, adjust your granus rods to .040 and replace the rear canibly pins. Should be perfect.

15. mseals

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    Well, I've driven it at least 23 miles since that replacement... about a year ago... soon to hit the Magic 25!!!!

We'll have a cake, and everything....!

I'm not sure we get 'common' 10d nails here in the Middle East... I think they're from Turkey.

Mike in Kuwait

16. gurslo

gurslo Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter
    #41 gurslo, Dec 17, 2009
    Great!!, I ordered a case of these for my father for X-mas. They should be in any day. Can't wait to see the look his face. To quote Matter from the movie "Cars", "He'll be happier than a tornado in a trailer park."

17. gurslo

gurslo Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter
    #42 gurslo, Dec 17, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 2, 2016
    OOOHH YEEAAA!!, I rember that special number well...We packed the car and spent the weekend at chuck-e-cheese.

18. mseals

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    Jeez... no Chuck-E-Cheese here...

But we DO have Schwarma's-R-Us!

Talk about good stuff.....mmmMMMMMmmmmm

Right off the spit on the sidewalk, too... throw in a couple of Falafals and, boy, you've got yourself a Real Deal Meal....!

:D

Mike in Kuwait

19. gurslo

gurslo Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter
    This time of year the mice are looking for a warm place, one found its way into the muffler on my car. Leaving for work this morning, the car was idling rough, so I floored it (instant reaction). Well this poor bastard must have cleared 100' before touching down, I heard it scream over the noise of the engine. Any ideas???

20. boiseferrari

boiseferrari Formula 3

Nov 11, 2005
    Boise, Id.
    Full Name:
    Kriss
    Mike,
    what scent of dryer sheet did you use? Just courious what is available over there. Ferrari of Boise has had really good luck using the Snuggle "spring blossom". Thanks for the info in advance.

Peter,

It sounds like your CAT worked perfect taking care of your mouse issue. I do have a line on the super stealth TABBY CATS which are the ultimate in mouse defence. Plus they sound so good when you wring them out that you wouldn't hear a mouse flying out.

21. mseals

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    I used the "Mountain's Majesty" scent... it was either that, or "Desert Rose"...

+1 on the CATS by Tabby...I especially like the Black and White model...you do have to be carefully installing them... the factory has these 'tabs' installed at the end of the hangers... I think they are the 'claw' type tabs. Anyway, they can really get you if you're careless. Just a word to the wise...

Mike in Kuwait

22. boiseferrari

boiseferrari Formula 3

Nov 11, 2005
    Boise, Id.
    Full Name:
    Kriss
    And there is the fact that I am allergic to something in those CATS. Kind of sucks handling them when they make you sneeze.

23. Robz328

Robz328 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 16, 2009
    ATL, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Rob Hemphill
    I think he had a 308...it has TWO CATS!
    You should upgrade your muffler bearings (American, not Chinese), though; they have embedded mouse deterrent...this is a well-established problem; the original UK patent was called the Pied Piper.

I should use these cats for inside the house...better than a glue trap...100' and the mice are outside.

24. Steveny360

Steveny360 F1 Veteran

Sep 5, 2007

25. beast

beast F1 World Champ

May 31, 2003
    Lewisville, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Guess
    Is the Desert rose scent the same as the "Light Sweet Crude" scent:D