Bloomberg: The Glut of Private Jets Means ‘Insane’ Bargains for Buyers | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Bloomberg: The Glut of Private Jets Means ‘Insane’ Bargains for Buyers

Discussion in 'Aviation Chat' started by vinuneuro, Oct 9, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy
    I believe that he used personal money. The government already has a head of state yacht.

Story goes that MBS saw the yacht in the distance while somewhere along the Med coastline and made an offer to the owner. I believe the seller was Russian.

BUT, the hypocrisy of how he could legitimately have that much money remains.

2. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I get it that he used "personal" money, but of course at 32 years old (even younger then) and "his" money at that age having really done nothing of his own from scratch...it's kinda like you mentioned at the end.

Anyway I'm taking this too off topic. If anyone finds out what yacht it is under construction, please let me know. Thanks!

3. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
  4. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    I guess it depends on how far along "unfinished" meant. It won't be delivered until 2018, but the exterior is done and it did sea trails in June of this year. The interior will probably take a while. It looks pretty nice: https://www.boatinternational.com/yachts/the-superyacht-directory/thunder--87279

The shipyard says it will stay mainly in Asian waters so maybe an Asian buyer? https://www.boatinternational.com/yachts/news/video-lurssen-superyacht-project-thunder-returns-from-sea-trials--33243