Blu Ribot | FerrariChat

Blu Ribot

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by Jack-the-lad, Aug 24, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jack-the-lad

Jack-the-lad Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    I've been considering this color for a car I'm having repainted, but the colors I see on the internet described as blu Ribot vary greatly. They range from a deep metallic blue to a very bright metallic blue to a rather pale shade. It's possible that some of these have been misidentified, and I realize that light conditions, type of camera, etc., can make big differences.

Can someone post pictures of Ferraris in this color where it is represented as accurately as possible?

Also, how would one go about sourcing the correct paint?

Many thanks.

2. GT4 Joe

GT4 Joe Formula Junior

Oct 19, 2010
    Dana Point, Ca.
    Full Name:
    Joe Williams
    Do you have a paint code for "Ribot"? Looking on the web I saw early cars that looked like Blu Medio, and later cars that looked lighter like Blu Dino. Got to say I have never heard of Ribot. But what do I know?

3. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Hi Jack,

I don't have a code for you but I do know the 365 GTB/4 that featured (in a race to Monte Carlo with a speedboat) on Top Gear was painted in Blue Ribot. I mention this only because the colour was confirmed in a sales ad when the car was sold, and watching a car in motion is a better way to get a sense of a colour than looking at photos, IMO.

Here are some links...
    http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/vintage-ferrari-market/311829-daytona-featured-top-gear-sale.html

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TBBy-4tnWoM
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bu7On1rNo3w

The previous owner of that Daytona is (or was) on Fchat so maybe he can get you the code. Also, try talking to Grant (Wheels1)..I might be wrong but I think his Daytona spider might be Blu Ribot.

Personally, I think Blu Ribot is a brighter medium blue colour with a bit of green in it...especially compared to say Blu Sera, which is a much darker metallic blue. But they'd both look great with Arancia leather! :)

4. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    #4 davemqv, Aug 25, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Nathan76 likes this.
  5. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Thanks, Dave. That's quite helpful.

As an artist, do you believe the 308GT4 shape is better served by verde pino or blu Ribot? Or perhaps a different color? I would value your opinion.

Jack

6. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    #6 davemqv, Aug 25, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi Jack,

That's a tough call. Verde Pino and Blu Ribot are both really cool looking
    vibrant colours, both really embody the period, and I think both would look great on the GT4.

I also think some darker colours look good on the GT4, like Blu Ultrascuro or black, and since you seem partial to metallic colours I'd also maybe look at Blu Sera? It has a smokier, almost ocean-like look to it. Would also look great with Arancia interior. Pic attached.

But both your choices would look great, I think.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    Thanks, Dave. I'm partial to blue. Part of the "problem" (not really a problem at all, is it?:)) is that there are so many Ferrari blues that are very similar to each other.

From the pictures I've seen blu Ribot looks spectacular. Unfortunately I don't recall seeing the color in person so I'll just have to take a leap. I promised the painter a decision by Monday!:rolleyes:

Jack

8. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Good problem to have! I wish I had a GT4 to wrestle over colours with! Haha.

One last idea- check out O'rourke's website. They have a Daytona with Arancia interior with blue paint...I'm pretty sure it's Blu Ribot.

Choosing only one colour per car is tough but any of your choices will look great. I'm also partial to the blues though. Good luck deciding!!!

9. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    My paint shop has ordered a sample of blu Ribot from PPG. He'll shoot some for me and I'll post pictures.

Jack.

10. Nathan76

Nathan76 Formula Junior

Jun 20, 2013
    Leicestershire, UK
    Hi
    Did you ever get any blu ribot samples?
    I am currently looking to source some for my own respray
    Thanks

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

11. A348W

A348W Formula 3

Jun 28, 2017
    North Wiltshire, UK
    Just to add to the mix, so to speak, I'd add in Blue Chiaro. I'm lead to believe there were two shades of this over time. Its a very vibrant, flip tone blue. My 348 is in in it, and Bluebottles 246 is also the same code, but slightly lighter.

Lots to choose from in the Blues!!

12. Jack-the-lad

Silver Subscribed

Jun 22, 2004
    Moot Pointe
    It was mentioned in another thread that there are actually three blu Ribots. Does anyone have more information about this?

Thank you.