News

Blue Angels

Discussion in 'AviatorChat.com' started by Crawler, Apr 16, 2010.

1. To remove this ad click here.

2. BJK

BJK Formula 3

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
  3. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Owner

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    McGuire's is still there? I have several dollar bills tacked on the walls there.

4. BJK

BJK Formula 3

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Matt LaMotte likes this.
  5. To remove this ad click here.

6. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Owner

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    HOLY COW. I was a member of Tiger Point and lived out there along Santa Rosa Sound. I was permanently banned from PNS in the early 90's. Our favorite bar (other than the Sandshaker) back then was Shanahan's. BJK, thanks for the pictures. Apologize for detouring the thread fellas.

Texas Forever and Matt LaMotte like this.
  7. BJK

BJK Formula 3

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
  8. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    Thanks for the 1949 footage. I'd never seen film of a routine of theirs in piston-powered aircraft before.

9. To remove this ad click here.

10. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    NürScud likes this.
  11. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    My fathers said some pilots never got the hang of close formation flying in big recips. The torque makes it different from flying a jet with centerline thrust and no torque to speak of. Number 4 in the Bearcat footage was having a hard time staying in position.

BJK likes this.
  12. BJK

BJK Formula 3

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    #62 BJK, Jan 23, 2021
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2021
    The Blue Angels just recently (Nov.'20) transitioned to the Super Hornet after 10 years with the original. They should have waited to publish this book until they could include the first year experience with the new plane.
    I'm sure they knew the Blue Angels would be flying the Super Hornet in the coming year. Why buy a 'new' book that already needs an addendum?

https://www.schifferbooks.com/the-blue-angels-the-us-navys-flight-demonstration-team-1946-to-the-present-6567.html

Boomhauer likes this.
  13. tk951

tk951 Karting

Jan 9, 2004
    DeBary, FL
    Our next door neighbor's daughter went to the Naval Academy, after graduation she ended up marrying someone pretty darn cool......he is currently the head of the Blue Angels and I could not be more jealous....sorry happy! Gorgeous family and lots of their family pics have their little girl sitting on the wing of an F18.