Blue Angels......... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Blue Angels.........

Discussion in 'Aviation Chat' started by max930, Aug 9, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NaO

NaO Karting

Apr 23, 2017
    max930 likes this.
  2. Jana

Jana F1 Veteran

Mar 4, 2015
    I live on Pensacola Beach during the warm water months. That's the Blue Angels home base and the airshow over PCB is incredible. Here's some shots my husband took. They practice a lot here. Sometimes we take our boat out and anchor in front of the Naval Air Station to watch. It's really, really cool to live in a place where you get to see this all summer long.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

max930 likes this.
  3. vrooom

vrooom Formula Junior

Jan 29, 2007
    great pictures ! during performances in seattle boaters are kept far away from the "center point " where the planes cross but they do fly over the boats , especially cool is the sneak attack which comes in low and fast and catches most by surprise . years ago when they flew the A-4 and there were not so many safety regs. we could stand on the floating bridge and watch as they came right overhead , that was a thrill !

4. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    That happened to me in 1964 in San Juan, PR, except it was the Thunderbirds with their F-100s that did that. We were standing on the beach watching as the team performed over the ocean and one of the Super Sabres came over us from behind at high speed and low altitude. We would have all jumped out of our shoes, if we had been wearing them!

5. Jana

Jana F1 Veteran

Mar 4, 2015
    He actually took those from the balcony of our friend's house on the beach. Best of all worlds. The show goes on right in front of their house and you have AC and bathrooms. Also, she's a gourmet cook. :)

6. Island Time

Island Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 18, 2004
    E. TN
    Full Name:
    David
    #31 Island Time, Aug 17, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2018
    I refueled these guys once when I was in the Guard. Even flying formation off my wing....these guys were TIGHT, with practically zero movement between airplanes. It's a wonder to watch them. (No offense to Air Force guys....or the Thunderbirds...(I was an Air Force pilot myself) ..but Naval aviators are just trained to a standard second to none.....