Blue/Creme 86 328 FS in Denver - not mine | FerrariChat

Blue/Creme 86 328 FS in Denver - not mine

Discussion in '308/328' started by James in Denver, Oct 23, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    Wow that is a really pretty car! Something about blue Ferraris that I adore!

2. airdelroy

airdelroy Formula Junior

May 10, 2007
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Aaron Richardson
    I would like it better if it was an 85 euro 308 :D

I wonder how many of those cars even exist in the world.
    Aaron

3. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    love the blue sera exterior- hate the crema interior - shows all the marks scuffs ... would be much nicer in saddle or bordeaux....

I passed on a blue one because of the interior color...

4. SpyderGT

SpyderGT Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    Vancouver, BC
    Full Name:
    Jon
    + 1
    Jon
    '86 328 blu sera / blue

5. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Blue.
    Its the new red.
    ;)

6. myronx19

myronx19 Formula Junior

May 27, 2012
    Toronto, ON Canada
    Full Name:
    Myron Samila
    low'ish mileage car, great colour, looks clean, great price!

7. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Great colors -- love the concave wheel 328s.

Looks like the gauge faces need refinishing, engine bay is dirty and it has an aftermarket alarm, but for $47K asking it's fairly priced. The seats look very nice, but the quality of the photos isn't great, so hard to tell whether re-dyed.

Also, someone needs a lesson in how to get in and out of exotic cars without dragging his dirty shoes over the sills and carpets.

8. furmano

furmano Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Furman
    James, how's it going? I thought of you a while back. Ryan just purchased a 308 GTB QV.

-F

9. SpyderGT

SpyderGT Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    Vancouver, BC
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Absolutely!

10. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    +1

11. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    I have to say that it seems about $7k to $9k too high for me. For a GTS and an '86 to boot? I don't see how $47k is a fair price. For an '88 with a lot of the updates? Okay, better. Obviously '88.5 and '89s would be bit more. But other than the color, I don't see what's worth paying up for this car.

12. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    #13 Wade, Oct 25, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Blue Sera and Blue Chiaro. I always get them mixed up. The smaller photo supposedly in the latter.

Love the combo!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. furmano

Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Furman
    The blue is nice but it takes a special buyer to pay up for something other than red or black. So frankly I think the color drops the value a little given the other red and black cars out there.

If this was a red car, with all the services up to date I would say $47k is a fair asking price. If it's purchased for $40k flat then I would deem that to be a good buy. Even if it is a GTS. ;)

Even given that it's a non-standard color, given where the Ferrari market is, given where the 308/328 market is, I think $47k is a fine asking price.

But these are just my impressions. I could be convinced otherwise.

-F

14. SpyderGT

SpyderGT Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    Vancouver, BC
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I have a hard time telling the difference and have not seen them side-by-side. Blu sera changes in the light. perhaps because it is a metallic. In bright sunlight, it is quite bright with almost purple hues, as the listing's photos suggest. In lower light, it become quite dark almost a gray-blue, but not navy or midnight blue.
    Jon

15. SpyderGT

SpyderGT Formula Junior

May 15, 2005
    Vancouver, BC
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Although blue darker blues are my favorite colors for cars, I agree that a red car would probably bring more. A red 328 is about as iconic as you can get. Not sure about black bringing more than blue - some people simply don't like black. But for me a "non-standard" color held more appeal. Specifically, my top three (in order) are darker blue, prugna, and metallic black (not gloss black). I have nothing against red or black - had a black Maserati Spyder and a red Miata. I wanted a 328 and would have purchased red or black in the right car.

Asking price is OK I guess, but I'm no expert on 328 prices or how color affects price.
    Jon

16. finnerty

finnerty F1 World Champ

May 18, 2004
    Agreed ---- priced too high ---- even for a "blue" Ferrari lover.

17. SilverLeaf

SilverLeaf Formula Junior

Feb 1, 2011
    This car's been for sale since the summer. Wonder if there's more to it not selling than the paint color and price?

18. CVJR

CVJR Karting

Sep 28, 2009
    Baltimore/ Wash DC
    Full Name:
    Chuck
    #19 CVJR, Oct 26, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    + 1, I now own the left car on Wade's post. No at all hard to keep the Crema interior clean. Renewed the wheels to orignal color/ finish this spring. Won a First Junior AACA Award at Hershey PA Concours a couple of weeks ago.

19. furmano

Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Furman
    What are you guys basing your valuations on? I just did a vast.com search and from what I'm seeing, comparable red cars are pretty close to this price. They range from $39k-$56k for pre-88.5 cars.

-F

20. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    Furman, I know what you're saying but I disagree. From those numbers (which are asking prices), I would say that BOLEX got a serious steal when he bought my old car last year. Even though I own red Ferraris now, I wouldn't pay up for red. The vast majority of the 308s and 328s made were red and while I do think that my red/tan 308 is perfect color-wise, I wouldn't pay more for it.

I also stand by my statement that people should pay up for a GTB, as they're much more solid driving cars and as they're so much rarer, you can't be a poser. You have to be ready to buy as good cars come up so infrequently. I find it so funny when you read threads on here made by the same person over and over about how he/she is looking for a good GTB (308 or 328) and over the 3 or 4 years, maybe 4 or 5 have come up for sale and that person watches them go to new long term owners. If you're truly serious on those, you have to act quickly and decisively, which is why people will pay up for those. Brian didn't pay up for my car (I think I sold it too lightly) but it did sell in 10 days and after it sold, I had two offers for higher than I had sold the car for.

This car has been offered for $47k for how long? Months? It would sell around $40-$42k depending on the service history. Remember, a proper service and sorting on one of these is worth $5k to $7k at minimum because that's the least of what you have to put into one with deferred maintenance.

21. furmano

Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Furman
    Based on the vast.com search, the market ask for pre-88.5 GTS seems to be around $40k-$55k. I'm thinking the market for '88.5-'89 cars is maybe around $50k-$65k. '89's typically have really low miles so that skews the numbers a little. You sold your car around the top end of that range, correct? Are you saying BOLEX got a steal because it's a 'B'?

I totally agree 'B's are hard to find and don't come up for sale often. I don't think there are any for sale right now.

Good point. If it's been sitting for a while then yeah, you're right, it's probably priced too high. Not knowing anything about the car I would venture to guess it's the color that is holding it back. 328 typically move fast. If any 328 owners asked a Ferrari dealer if they would like to sell their car I would bet they would jump on the opportunity.

But like I said, I'm just speculating based on a few data points and concede I could be wrong.

I can't wait to see your new car. I love the 308 QV. Especially with Euro bumpers.

-F

22. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    #23 sherpa23, Oct 26, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2013
    I sold it at the top of the range but it was/is a perfect car in every way, fully serviced, and a 88.5 B in desirable colors on top of that. But if that blue car is $47k, my black B should have sold for even more than the range. GTS cars are not hard to find, good S cars are harder to find, Decent B cars are hard to find, and great B cars are few and far between. Money generally reflects that.

You can see my car anytime. You'd love it. It reminds me of yours.

23. Bullfighter

Bullfighter Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jan 26, 2005
    Indian Wells, California
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I'd agree red isn't worth a premium on 308/328s. Better to pay up for a good car. I do think the blues are especially good on 308/328s, though, and would probably pay a stronger price for a good one of those. I know of only one great one, but it's a convex wheel car so not on my radar. With red, you can probably afford to negotiate a bit and then pass and wait for the next one if the price isn't "right".

On GTBs, someone's trying to sell one an '80 a few threads down from this one. 5000-mile car, probably have-able for the same price as this 328. They're available every couple of months, if you like red. Bobileff just sold a yellow/black '78, 17,000 miles. Etc. They do offer a chance get acquainted with 1970s Italian air conditioning.

24. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    I don't think that b's other than a QV or 328 get or should get any premium. Although they are pretty. The QVs and 328s, aside from being so much stronger, are a lot rarer. There are only 748 QV B's and 1315 328 B's. That's off the top of my head so no one jump down my throat if I'm a bit off with those numbers.