Blues Music | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Blues Music

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Seth, Feb 12, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    The blues is one of my favorites, so many great artist but here's a short list of my personal favorites.

The classics:
    John Lee Hooker
    Blind Willie Johnson
    Barbecue Bob
    Hank Williams
    BB King
    Memphis Slim
    Bob Dylan

Modern Artists:
    Stevie Ray Vaughn
    Blues Traveler
    Black Crowes
    Robert Randolph & the Family Band

2. sduke

sduke Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2003
    The Hub City, Texas
    Full Name:
    Steven D
  3. Gilles27

Gilles27 F1 World Champ

Mar 16, 2002
    Ex-Urbia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Haven't seen Duarte in a few years! That's the first time I saw him wear pants instead of a kilt, and his bass player looks new. He always put on a great show--I've seen him 3-4 times in Chicago.

4. rollsorferrari?

rollsorferrari? F1 Veteran

Jun 5, 2006
    St. Louis
    Full Name:
    Scott
    charley patton's another good one, check out "down the dirt road blues"

5. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    sethmac86 - Since you are on the blues kick with Ginger Baker and Jack Bruce, I remember seeing those two back in Houston sometime in 89 (?) with a young guitar virtuoso named Blues Saraceno. He's more of the slick chops in his riffs rather than blues, but made a great addition to the band for Jack Bruce.

Besides the SRV and Chris Duarte, and even the Black Keys (which are great esp for only being guitar and drums), others to look out for: Kenny Wayne Sheperd, Chris Whitley (RIP), Charlie Sexton (or previously the Charlie Sexton Sextet), which he also did work with the Arc Angels (who have a reunion show every year or two and consists of Doyle Bramhall II and Chris Layton and Tommy Shannon - double trouble that is). That's all I can think of at the moment.

6. Seth

Seth Formula 3

Feb 8, 2004
    Texas
    well just confirmed this a few min ago but I'm going to go see the Black Keys in London... get this only 300 tickets were sold as well... should be amazing, cant wait to go, cost a hell of a lot but it should be well worth it. hopefully they will play some stuff from there new album coming out. but as a result I'm gonna have to avoid some itunes purchasing for a while, but Ive bought some more classic's for now. but I'll move into the other stuff in due time.