Bluetooth instead of factory Bose 2008 Stereo | FerrariChat

Bluetooth instead of factory Bose 2008 Stereo

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by icelander47, Jan 8, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. icelander47

icelander47 Karting

Sep 12, 2012
    I am getting tired of dropped bluetooth connections from the Bose unit in my 2008 612. I have a car pro to stream audio to, but the phone bluetooth keeps dropping. Is there a third party bluetooth dongle I can get that will interface with the radio for phone calls?

2. ridege55

ridege55 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 9, 2017
    Manhattan Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    John
    I have a 2007 599 and have the exact same issue! Would love to see some of the recommendations.

3. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Could be a software compatibility issue with newer phones. You might ask the dealer or Bose if there is an available software update to rectify the problem.
    On my Becker Cascade 6112 in my 430 Scuderia, I replaced the 30pin ipod cable for a lighting cable for streaming (won't stream via Bluetooth). Worked great for a couple years, then suddenly the Bluetooth phone quit working. I found out due to an IOS update, I now needed a revised lightning cable in order for the Bluetooth phone to work again. I sent it back and for $15 they performed the update, and now my Bluetooth phone works again. Obviously a different radio and issue than you are having, but shows that phone software updates can cause compatibility issues.

4. icelander47

icelander47 Karting

Sep 12, 2012
    When I called Bose they said that all patching is on Ferrari and that they weren't doing anything with them. Seems like the best way is to somehow get a bluetooth dongle for the apple cable in the car that will also do voice