BMW 330Ci as my next new car. Opinions, suggestions? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

BMW 330Ci as my next new car. Opinions, suggestions?

Discussion in 'Other German' started by dm_n_stuff, Jul 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bimmer32five

bimmer32five Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    MD
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I have a 325ci as well...I don't have the 330ci because I couldn't swing the extra 6g's at that point. I love my car...so my advice for the guy considering a 330 is if you can afford it...go for it. The 325 has plenty of power...but the 330 has even more plus you can throw the pp (performance package) on it just like the 330 sedan has. Both great cars...so to sum up...if you have it...buy it.

2. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    First off Congradulations on your Beautiful M3. My Best Friend on this Forum just took Euro Delivery of the identical car as yours. I drove it and it is terrific. My commute to my office is about 2 miles and I just got an 04 325ci 5 Spd Sport Model in Black. What a terrific and fun little car. Hope to post pics later today.

3. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Not really apples and apples are they?

I've driven both, the mini is like a go-cart, the 330 is way more car, with a lot more space Both are terrific cars for what they do, but they really aren't the same style of car at all.

Plus, doesn't the mini strike you as somewhat of a gimmic car? I don't exactly know how to explain it, but it's just kind of hokey in some ways. (All of which is not to say that I wouldn't love to have one.)

Although I guess with the difference you could pick up a nice used BMW for the everyday commute and have the best of both worlds.

4. whart

whart F1 Veteran
    Honorary

Dec 5, 2001
    Grandview NY
    Full Name:
    Herr Prof.
    At the same time we got the M3, we also picked up a 325xi sedan at a blow out price; not the sexiest car in the world, but for the money, hard to argue about; the all wheel drive, ease of access and handling make it a joy; we got it in a stick form, and it has decent acceleration, suprisingly so given its specs on paper. Not as well built as the M3, but half the price. This is our local car, although my wife has driven it on a few several hundred mile trips to New England.

5. gentry

gentry Guest

I don't know how you have yours loaded, but mine was 38k with everything but nav (including sat radio). To get all of it in a 330 would have been closer to 47k, which wasnt a big deal, but you arent getting much for the bump in price aside from 20+ hp. I opted to take the less HP model and start researching forced induction setups for it. For just over 7k I could get the 325ci to just under 280hp at the real wheels, and for a bit more, it could hit 300hp to the rear wheels.

I never followed through with getting the F/I setup because I havent had time, and after having the car for a year, Im already replacing it with a VW Phaeton (I may keep the 325 for fun anyway).

Good luck with your buy. Im selling my 325 for 32k with just over 11k miles on it.