BMW M1 (not Italian but) | Page 2 | FerrariChat

BMW M1 (not Italian but)

Discussion in 'Other German' started by atheyg, Nov 28, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    BMW has had some questionable hiring. First they hire Allan (for god knows what), then they hire Bangle as the Design Manager.

2. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    They must have been able to give them away other places. I just verified that the planned production was not to exceed 4500, and they sold just over 5700. The car was not cancelled, as Allan stated, it saw the end of it's planned production run. For someone who has driven every car under the sun for "1000's of miles" or "for 2 weeks" or "several times", you might want to learn a little about them before offering your petty comments.

3. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    I was wondering when someone was going to remember that Lamborghini was directly involved in the M1's development.

I actually saw 2 in an exotic car dealer's showroom in Beverly Hills back in 02 at the FCA Nat Meet in LA.

4. Tony Fuisz

Tony Fuisz Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Bethesda, MD
    Full Name:
    Tony Fuisz
    Allan hates the Z8 so it must be good.
    Weren't some of the M1's assembled by Lamborghini? So much for BMW build quality.
    I've driven a Z8-not for thousands of miles. It remainded me most of an updated XKE. Totally different from the mid engined experience.

5. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Dont worry Clax, i could see why you would like it. Its slow, uninspired,dull to drive, JUST LIKE A 360. It was btw, a hit with the gay community, sort of like a much more expensive version of the Vw Cabrio.

Production was cancelled. Read it in a Bmw newsletter. If Bmw was able to produce more cars and there be a market for them, they would have, and wanted to.

6. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    Seems like you know a bit about the gay community...interesting...

I don't need to read a BMW newsletter, I have contacts directly in BMW that were responsible for the Z8 program. The reason they targeted 4500 prodution units was due to the fact that the specialized tooling involved in the hand-assembled production was largely perishable, and would require replacement/modification beyond 4500. Well, they got past the 4500, and met their production goal. From day one, 4500 were planned over a 3-year production run.

Allan, can you tell me a few more times how slow and uninspiring my 360 is? I think you honestly believe that your opinion matters. You are like the guy in high-school that tried to establish his superiority to everyone, but kept getting caught in BS & lies. Your knowledge about Lambo and the gay community may be superior to mine, but that's about where it ends.

7. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    Im just going to call you my "response *****" from now on. lol

8. flyingboa

flyingboa Formula 3

Nov 27, 2003
    Italy/India
    Full Name:
    Eugenio
    Driven one, quite a while ago. Nice car but nothing special.
    As a matter of fact it was Italian.
    Designed by Lamborghini for BMW, it was initially conceived as a base for homologating a racing car to race against Porsches 911s mainly on European competitions (Superturismo).
    Lamborghini got busted during the development of the project so BMW completed it by itself. Regrettably rules changed so it was not possible to see this car seriously competing. I really believe Ferrari of the same age were far better.

9. Clax

Clax Formula 3

Oct 3, 2002
    LOL, Allan. Isn't that ironic for you to say. This whole back & forth discussion started in YOUR response to my comment about BMW developing a new iteration of the M1. You decided to throw your 2 cents in about the Z8, knowing that I owned one (which incidentally has nothing to do with the topic of this thread). So it would seem that you would be the response b*tch, now wouldn't it? LOL.

10. allanlambo

allanlambo F1 Rookie

Jun 9, 2002
    Maui
    Full Name:
    Allan
    LOL! Response Biatch!