Body Shop in Scottsdale | FerrariChat

Body Shop in Scottsdale

Discussion in 'Arizona & New Mexico' started by Bgould, Jul 13, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Bgould

Bgould Rookie

May 6, 2011
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Brad
    I am a frequest visitor to Ferrarichat as I'm looking for my first F-Car.
    However this post is reaching out for advice for a buddy of mine. He has a 09 Jag XKR, he backed into a track today and put a crease into the trunk and some scrapes on the bumper.
    I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions for a good body shop he can take his car to. Of course he knows the dealer is an option but is hoping for a better option for price and quality.
    Anybody know anything about
    Brighton's body shop?
    or
    Kustom Koachworks?

Any other suggestions?

Really appreciate any help, and sorry this is not about Ferrari, but I was thinking you all might have some previous experience with Jaguars, of course prior to owning a Ferrari.

Thanks

Brad

2. copterjon

copterjon Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2005
    Mesa, Az.
    Don Barsellotti at Elwood Body Works will take good care of your friend. He is located between Hayden Rd. and Scottsdale Rd. south side of the street across from Eldorado Park.
    480-947-9479
    This guy is awesome!!

3. GFUracing

GFUracing Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2005
    Ahwatukee Foothills
    Full Name:
    Darrell
    I dont know about Jags, but I can tell ya Elwood body works and Elwood motorsports are both very nice choices, they're both customers of mine too. good advice Copterjon

4. Under PSI

Under PSI F1 Rookie

May 13, 2005
    Phoenix
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Finishing Touch in Fountain Hills is very good as well.

5. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    Raintree Auto body on Raintree east of Hayden are superb.
    Lots of experience with them (unfortunately) but they made it all better than new

6. jpohl402

jpohl402 Formula Junior

scottsdale paint & body / penske....??
    on hayden/mckellips

7. GNALUZU

GNALUZU Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2004
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Adam
    I have to respectfully disagree with this one. Several years ago I took my '03 M3 there after someone turned in front of me and I t-boned them (their fault). Anyway, dealing with Raintree was very difficult as they kept doing supplemental charged and extending the repair time. Granted, there was no way to be 100% certain on the repair cost, but their initial estimate was $8k and the final repair bill was $23k. My guess is that the car would have been declared a total loss had they initially said $23k and then they would have gotten nothing.

Secondly, they were not able to repair the car to 'pre-accident condition' as they promised. They couldn't figure out how to hook up a 2 tone horn and asked that I take it to the dealership since the car was still under warranty. They screwed up several other things as well and continued to ask that I have the dealer fix them under warranty. They came highly recommended, but they pushed me to the limit when they kept asking me to do their job for them.

Last year my wife sideswiped the garage in our MDX. I knew a guy who worked at Raintree so I went to see him. He was no longer their, but I humored myself and got an estimate. It was 2-3 times higher than the other estimates that I got. Ended up having the work done at the Penske Collision Center for a fraction of the price and they did a fantastic job.

It sounds like your friends damage is minor, so the Penske Rapid Repair shop can probably do it quickly. I worked with Heath Hammond (480-538-6050) and liked the experience. Scott Organ, with Penske Auto Collision is who I first worked with and he recommended that I go with Heath because the repair was not that significant and could be fixed quicker, and cheaper, through him.

8. 410SA

410SA F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    West Coast
    Full Name:
    A
    I am sorry to hear that. I have always found their prices competitive with the other high line shops I respect (Finishing Touch and Penske) and they have always delivered on time.

I have had four fairly large repairs, Three MB's and a serious door ding on a 575 that buckled the door crease. Their work was flawless in every case and the price was exactly as quoted

9. Bgould

Bgould Rookie

May 6, 2011
    Scottsdale, AZ
    Full Name:
    Brad
    Thanks for all the help, I'm sending my buddy to Penske, Finishing Touch and Elwood for estimates. I'll follow up with feedback, once he's had the repairs done.

Really appreciate all the advice.

Brad

10. technom3

technom3 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Phoenix AZ
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Probably the worst body shop in the valley in my many experiences. That is one of the few in penskes portfolio that actually looses money because it is so poorly managed. They (at least used to) constantly have to redo customers cars.

Just my 2 cents.

Scotts Coachworks in phoenix is a great bodyshop and ask for matt olsen.

11. Challenge64

Challenge64 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 28, 2004
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I too have had problems with them. It was a minor fix to a Mercedes-Benz and they managed to screw up part of the repair. They eventually corrected the mistake..but it was stupid on their part to begin with.