Body Shop | FerrariChat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ira Schwartz

Ira Schwartz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2003
    Brooklandville, MD
    Full Name:
    Ira Schwartz
    Interested in current thoughts on a high-quality body shop (preferably based on recent experiences) in/near Baltimore. THANKS in advance for your suggestions!

2. Piper

Piper Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 6, 2010
    Northern Virginia
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Probably too far for you, but I can't say enough about D&V Autobody in Sterling, VA. They're the best, deal with a lot of exotics and absolutely incredible customer service.

gt1995 likes this.
  3. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

https://karosserie.com/

Near? Not precisely, but they'll come and get whatever it is you need fixed.

Only shop I ever worked with that properly diagnosed a bent frame on a BMW that another shop had repaired wrong. they also went to bat for me with the insurance co. and never made a dime. They've done work on probably a dozen cars I know of, and always have done top notch work.

couple hour drive, but in my mind worth the trip, assuming it's not a ten year old toyota you want fixed.

Closer to you? Can't help.

D

E60 M5 likes this.
  4. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert

Agree with Dave or Classic Coach in NJ

5. ROMO

ROMO Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 18, 2008
    WASHINGTON DC
    Full Name:
    ROMO
    I concur with Piper on D&V and ask for Kevin. They are the Gold Standard body shop for Ferrari's and other exotics. Ask for Kevin the Owner.

http://www.dandvautobody.com/

gt1995 likes this.
  6. Ira Schwartz

Ira Schwartz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2003
    Brooklandville, MD
    Full Name:
    Ira Schwartz
    Thanks, all. I’m well-aware of both shops, but this is for a daily driver. With that in mind they’re somewhat far afield.
    Considering JT Collision in Eldersburg. Any thoughts?

7. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

For a daily driver, recent experience (unfortunately, about two years ago) Carty’s on Caves Road did decent work. No complaints. Warranty work on my Expedition, Len Stoler in Reisterstown, behind their Ford place. They handle all their brands including Porsche.

8. Ira Schwartz

Ira Schwartz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2003
    Brooklandville, MD
    Full Name:
    Ira Schwartz
    Thanks. Hadn’t thought of Carty’s, akthough I live about 5 minutes from there.

9. Solid State

Solid State F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 4, 2014
    Full Name:
    Maximus Decimus Meridius
    I have used "Oldest to Newest" several times with the families' DDs. They are in Montgomery county Maryland. IMO they are honest, easy to work with especially with the insurance companies and reasonable costs. Mike the owner is a real gentlemen. They have done some amazing work with various paints for me over the years. Recently did a Camry with silver metallic paint and superb results. If there is anything you are not happy with they will do their best to meet your expectations. Let them know what you are expecting and don't be afraid to be critical if you care about the car which is good advice I think for any body shop. Good luck.

10. Ira Schwartz

Ira Schwartz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2003
    Brooklandville, MD
    Full Name:
    Ira Schwartz
    Thanks. I’m north of Baltimore, and MoCo is far enough away that i’d try D&V if I felt compelled to go that far afield.
    Scheduled to drop the car at JT’s on Tuesday. John, the owner, seems sharp, and has worked on a lot of Ferraris, so we shall see.