Boston Spotters | Page 11 | FerrariChat

Boston Spotters

Discussion in 'New England' started by mrrou, Apr 1, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. StallionRx

StallionRx Formula Junior

Nov 7, 2003
    South CT
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Last night on boylston I passed by a gorgeous 550/575? in black. The plate was "chif" or "chief" anybody know whos it is? I gave the driver the thumbs up and he seemed pretty cool about it.

If your on the board, your car looked awesome!

2. racerx

racerx Guest

Nov 23, 2003
    I take a walk every evening for the exercise and last night as i was walking along one of the busier streets in my section of worc. a cayenne pulled out of a street onto this road i was on. That was nice but not that unusual.

Then shortly after that, within seconds, a car went by somewhat slow and quietly, and it was only the shape that attracted my attention. It was a red Stradale or 430. Give me a break it was dark. But it definately had the little indent things running in the black outlines of the rear glass engine cover. Anyone here??

Earlier in the day, i had passed a shelby cobra that i have seen a few times before in my area. It sounded great and looked hot, light blue with white stripes! In the same trip i passed by the ford dealer with a GT 40 in titanium in the showroom.

So not bad 430/stradale, cobra, GT40, cayenne, and of course the best my euro 928 got some exercise last night!

3. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    Anyone know anything about a yellow gallardo around? I saw 2 in two days, probably the same car, once in woburn on I95, the other in wellesley on rt 9...

4. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Saturday at 3pm, a silver 360 getting onto the Masspike at the Natick entrance. Dark haired fellow with a goatee.

5. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    just saw a red V8 Esprit, 1999-2001, green plate, parked at the Curling World CHampionship in Lowell, MA hehe

6. racerx

racerx Guest

Nov 23, 2003
    Saw a unique looking red 308 with aftermarket wheels on a flatbed south on 84 yesterday in northern CT on the way back from the ride. It looked like Steven's.

7. racerx

racerx Guest

Nov 23, 2003
    Busy lately, on the walk tonight i heard a deep rumble approaching, really deep rumble so i know something is coming. It was going very slow though and when it finally got even with me i saw it was a Hemi Cuda with the black stripe along the side and ending up at the back end.

No mistaking that real hi-octane exhaust smell. Quite a rare sight and sound.

8. arbos

arbos Rookie

Apr 13, 2006
    Boston Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    J.R.
    My friend Z owns a yellow Gallardo...he spends his days driving aimlessly around newbury st. catch the plate by any change? i know this was awhile ago

9. SalsaShark

SalsaShark Rookie

Apr 14, 2006
    Hi everyone; been lurking a bit, this is my first post though.

Just a couple weeks ago (3/29) I saw a brand-new Gallardo SE being trucked Westbound on the Pike, a couple miles before the I-84 split. I got some crumby pics with my cell, not sure if they're even worth posting, but I will if anyone's interested. Orange/copper color with black accents (that's how I could tell it was an SE).

I live way out in Western MA so I don't get to see too many nice cars...EXCEPT when Lime Rock has an event, then the Porsches come out to play and cruise up and down Great Barrington. Also, a great dealership in Lenox called Donovan's has a wonderful collection of classics, including 3 early 60's E-types and a drop-dead gorgeous Shelby.

10. SPHFerrari

SPHFerrari Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2004
    Mass
    Full Name:
    Spenser
    red 550 on rt 20 in sudbury about 615

11. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    Over at Rileys Roast Beef cruise night, I saw a guy in a nice sounding black Porsche 996 Cabriolet Turbo "S"

Please tell me that is a special edition and this guy was not some poseur putting a letter "S" on his Turbo 996

12. racerx

racerx Guest

Nov 23, 2003
    There is a 996 turbo S version from the factory.

13. karc

karc Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2003

http://anything-auto.net/cars.php?car=497

14. racerx

racerx Guest

Nov 23, 2003
    Still could be a poseur as that is determined by how the car is used not how it looks.

15. enjoythemusic

enjoythemusic F1 World Champ

Apr 20, 2002
    Worldwide
    Full Name:
    Steven
    #265 enjoythemusic, Apr 16, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Not mine (thank goodness, as that would mean she was stolen). The car was here, safely at home, but WOW you had me there for a moment.

On Apil 8 and 9 is was on my trailer for going to/from NHIS track for a COMSCC event during the day, but that is in NH. She will be in transit (flat bed) on April 27 to NHIS for open track day BTW. The car was being driven from NH to Boston as wife and i took her to see Spam A Lot in late March.

If you DO see the car below not being driven by me, or on an open car trailer NOT being pulled by a grey Ford Ranger call the cops PLEASE!!!

NOTE: the car WILL NOT have the white circles, but WILL HAVE the number 33 just below the sideview mirrors. ALso note the yellow tow hooks are front and rear, as are yelklow TOW stickers and there is yellow JACK sticker towards rear of the door where you jack up the 308 (see photo below). If you see #33 + stickered car and it aint me, CALL THE COPS!!!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M

yes, but anyone who fakebadges a car of lesser value is a poseur; agreed? hehe

Maybe it was real, I just figured that the "S" would be as rare as the mid 90s 911 Turbo S, that came to the US in low numbers. 993 designation

17. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    There were 996TT S cabriolets. Not common, but they're out there.

2 spots on one quick drive today - a white Lotus Esprit with high-mount (S4S?) wing Westbound on Soldiers Field and a champagne Maserati Coupe Eastbound on Memorial.

18. Francesco_Baracca

Francesco_Baracca Formula Junior

May 18, 2005
    Driving North on 93 on Easter Sunday at 1:00 was a Red/Tan 430 Spider.....nice. Also talked to an older Italian gentleman at a gas station in North Reading driving a nice 308.

19. SalsaShark

SalsaShark Rookie

Apr 14, 2006
    Got the doors blown off me yesterday (Easter Sunday) on the Pike Westbound near the Framingham rest area by a canary-yellow Murcielago roadster, NH plates "TRIPLE 7". The guy pulled off for lunch and I felt the intense need for a soda. I struck up a conversation and we talked exotics for a good 15-20 minutes. He was a nice guy and real good sport about dozens of people swarming his baby with camera phones (errr...http://www.j-ober.com/pics/lambo/ myself included). I'm sure he gets that reaction everywhere he goes, but he was really laid back about it. If he's a member here, just wanted to say thanks.

20. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    black murci in the front valet spot of 4 seasons Hotel Boston Common. Nice newer style chrome rims

21. Speedracer38

Speedracer38 F1 Veteran

Oct 11, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Jason Thorgalsen
    I saw this same Murcie at Lamborghini of Boston on friday

22. Francesco_Baracca

Francesco_Baracca Formula Junior

May 18, 2005
    Yellow 550 going east on 114 in Middleton yesterday around 5:15pm

23. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Black on black 360 spyder 20 mins ago on Boylston at Fenway park.

24. 02_GT_91

02_GT_91 Rookie

Oct 29, 2005
    New York
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I was at Au Bon Pain near the Kendall/MIT stop and ran into a gentleman with a new Red Bentley Flying Spur. It was immaculate, he gave me a tour, the interior was red with tan seats. Fantastic looking car and the owner was incredibly nice.

Rob

25. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    About 12:30 today, a new titanium M5 and then a black Lotus Esprit (late 90's square lights and a loud exhaust), Northbound on Fresh Pond Pkwy near Mt. Auburn.