Boston Spotters | Page 8 | FerrariChat

Boston Spotters

Discussion in 'New England' started by mrrou, Apr 1, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    How did he get that cool license plate?

2. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Bentley Continental GT on Newbury rd today on my way to Fenway.

3. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    it's newbury STREET, pennsylvania-boy ;)

just givin' ya grief, dude ;)

doody.

4. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    eh. win some you lose some. I was to busy looking at the beautiful ladies rather than the street name.

5. BigHead

BigHead Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Outside of Boston
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    Now, now Doody... all he said was that he saw a Bentley on Newbury RD on his way to Fenway. He did NOT say that it was in the Back Bay. There are plenty of "Newbury RD"s in greater Boston (e.g., Ipswich). He could have been coming down from the North Shore!

:) :)

vty,

--Dennis

6. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    #181 DadsFerrari, Aug 29, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    ultra rare Lagonda at Riley's cruise night in natick- 1984, 30k, new paint.... Guy wants $34,500.. good luck to him, you need NASA skills to work on the electricals

Oh , and it is on his front lawn in Natick now too... hehe
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. Westworld

Westworld Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004
    Nice, what does he do?

I've never knew Boston was such a wealthy city.

8. LouB

LouB Formula 3

Apr 15, 2001
    FL, OR
    What are you talking about. Sports Car Market price guide shows it at only $20-35K. You also need deep deep pockets to buy one. The reason its "ultra rare' is it was a market place failure.

9. Westworld

Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004

Read what I quoted, not the Lambo.

10. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    Are we all posting about the Aston Lagonda? Sports car market mag has shown a bunch at auction in the teens, most likely being dumped due to the difficult upkeep. Maybe this 84 has been pampered.

11. Westworld

Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004
    No I am posting about the previous page, "Dont think its the same guy. He had a 360CS prior to the 430 (might still have it) and he also has just about the full line up of AMG cars that MB makes right now".

12. Bad Chariot

Bad Chariot Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003
    Reading, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael

It's a small town south of Boston..not easy to get to and quiet enough for someone trying to lead a "normal life". A good friend from college lives there and said Tyler would frequent the grocery store he worked at...said he was a very non assuming guy and always nice to people.

13. ETW

ETW Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    He owns a company called "Invisisheild" which makes clear bras for cars like 3M. He owns the patent to all the templates to cut out the tape for tons of cars, he scans them or whatever so if 3M wants one, they buy it from him. His stuff is all over Porsche dealers and Mercedes dealers, he even has an office in the center of the Merecedes factory!

14. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    3M has the patent? I thought invisishield and autobahnd were just installers...

15. ETW

ETW Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    No, from what ive heard, the Invisisheild guy has all the patents.

16. ETW

ETW Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Rt.9 today saw a red 328 while we were in the 360 and gave a wave. Anyone here?

17. SPHFerrari

SPHFerrari Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2004
    Mass
    Full Name:
    Spenser
    sliver gallardo and black murc on newbury street yesterday around 530 or 6

18. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    so does anyone know who owns the mentioned 612 (maroon) in wellesley?

19. ETW

ETW Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    My sister said she saw a silver G on Newbury St yesterday. I guess this confirms it :)

20. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    it's all over the place in wellesley. i've seen it a number of times now parked downtown. it's a real daily driver - kudos to the owner!

doody.

21. Durpen

Durpen Karting

Sep 6, 2005
    South of Boston, USA
    Full Name:
    Kirk N
    I'm a newbie to this board.
    I saw the postings about the 456 in Duxbury... no, I don't know who owns it, but I have seen it off and on around Duxbury for the last 4 or 5 years. Believe it (or not) I also saw Joey Kramer in his Lambo in Norwell on Saturday morning around 9:15! It was on RT 123 (228 is in Hingham). He was headed towards the center. He also drives past my house frequently so I get occasional glimpses of his cars.
    By the way, Joey Kramer lives next door to Steve Tyler in Marshfield. Joe Perry has a house in Duxbury (and Vermont)
    As far as exotic car sightings go, my all time best (so far) has been a Alfa Romeo TZll I saw a couple of months ago. I spoke to the owner and was able to really look it over. It was Amazing to see a "more or less" race car on the street - with a current inspection sticker! I wonder just how quick a 1,300 lb car is with 170 horsepower... With only 14 built and a value that must be over a million dollars I give the owner lots of credit for driving it.

22. Davesvt2000

Davesvt2000 Formula 3

May 3, 2005
    Central Mass.
    Full Name:
    Dave G.
    Please don't flame me for not knowing the correct color names, but around 1 pm today, Mass Pike eastbound Natick area, a light blue 360 spider, and then a few minutes later, on 128 south, a red late 80's testarossa.

23. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Red 308, looked like a GTB (could have just had the targa on), southbound on the 2 at about 1:45pm.

24. Westworld

Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004
    Does Herb Chambers keep his 16-car collection in Boston, and do you guys see him around the city in his toys often?

25. ETW

ETW Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Herb has a few cars in Boston but he only has room for about 6-8 cars here. He keeps the majority of his cars in Hartford i think. Hes got a few cool cars here like a Maybach, SLR etc