Boston Spotters | Page 9 | FerrariChat

Boston Spotters

Discussion in 'New England' started by mrrou, Apr 1, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Westworld

Westworld Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004
    Cool...Hartford?

2. Speedracer38

Speedracer38 F1 Veteran

Oct 11, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Jason Thorgalsen
    i dont think you mean hartford CT??

3. Rey

Rey Rookie

Nov 2, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    Rey
    I don't know the various permutations of the 330 but I saw what looked to be a well kept light blue 330 convertable parked on Tremont St across from the Commons Saturday night. Almost walked right by it. This is about the last place I would park a car like this. Worse yet, the car parked behind it was no more than two inches off it's rear bumper. The people I was with (wife and friends) were looking at me funny as I was mumbling about seeing a car like that parked where it was.

-Rey

4. Durpen

Durpen Karting

Sep 6, 2005
    South of Boston, USA
    Full Name:
    Kirk N
    All those people who park their exotics on Newbury street are taking a chance too...
    I visited Aston Martin/Lotus in Waltham last Friday, they have a 275 GTS in the showroom and had another in the service area.

Kirk

5. ETW

ETW Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Youre not allowed to park out front of Armani anymore on Newbury st. We went there last week and asked to park out front and they said they need to leave a few spaces open out front for valet and drop off purposes.

6. Westworld

Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004
    The store needs it? I didn't realize that stores valet.

Not to change the thread, but Boston is getting very luxury. Ton of new high-end restaurants opening, four major hotels (Regent, Mandarin Oriential, St. Regis, InterContinential) opening with the already long list of luxury hotels in the city, new luxury shops joining (Barney's, and many of the high-end brands). Then you got the expansion of Lambo, Bentley, ect. with new dealerships. Pretty interesting, with many of the city's top companies being sold and headquarters moved out of town.

7. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I stopped by there the other day, the new salesman was super nice and talked with me for a while - even made a good pitch why I should get a DB7 for a grad present instead of a Ferrari...

8. Father and Son Team

Jul 4, 2005
    MA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I spotted a silver 355 coupe with a challenge grill on rt 125 heading towards merrimack college. Anyone know who it is?

9. ETW

ETW Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Well no, its for the resteraunt/cafe. Not sure if youve ever been there but theres a cafe thing where you can sit outside out front of the Armani clothing store

10. Westworld

Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2004
    Oh ok.

11. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Just saw a silver 328 GTS (black roof) at Binney and 3rd, East Cambridge.

12. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Great spot! A yellow with black stripe Ford GT rumbled past me on the 2/Freshpond Parkway, at Mt Auburn Hospital. Sounded awesome, very loud, even only doing ~20mph.

13. MITengineer

MITengineer Formula Junior

Feb 18, 2004
    Montana
    That yellow/Black ford GT was the final Ford prototype. They came to MIT for recruitment.

14. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    What teasers eh... "come work for Ford, and maybe you'll be one of the 16 employees on the Ford GT team of Ford's 100,000."

But odds are, you'll be designing A/C systems for the Brasil version of the Taurus.

15. DadsFerrari

DadsFerrari Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    Mister M
    Quite a sight in Wellesley today. A cavallcade of 100k benzes. Lead car was a black S55 with AMG rims and side badges, followed by a black CLS55, and then a silver 500 SL. Saw em later on, and a second CLS was added to middle, so four cars total.

Very pimp, all were well dressed dudes with platinum trophies in the pass.seat.

16. carmaster

carmaster Karting

Jan 13, 2004
    Boston/ Portland
    Full Name:
    Paul
    In the prudential garage, I saw a yellow 355 under a red cover, and some kind of 360 under a cover. Also there was a bentley continenal GT and a Bentley Arnage with some nice damage on the rear quarter from hitting something white. Also walking to work I saw a Red NSX, which really isn't that rare on huntington ave.

17. Durpen

Durpen Karting

Sep 6, 2005
    South of Boston, USA
    Full Name:
    Kirk N
    Saw a darker Gray color F355 Spyder Friday at 5:15 on Mt Auburn St in Cambridge. The car had a black rear tailight panel. I have never seen a 355 with the tail panel painted black - did the factory do this? I know some 360s have this...
    Also saw the silver 456 GT again a few times around Duxbury yesterday.

Kirk

18. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Hi Kirk, it's called a 'challenge grille' and is a black, perforated metal grille derived from the 355 race cars, which was an option for the car, and common aftermarket installation. It helps the engine cool better, which is important for 355's, since they have engine bay heat issues that contribute to many problems, cracked headers among them.

19. Durpen

Durpen Karting

Sep 6, 2005
    South of Boston, USA
    Full Name:
    Kirk N
    Ryan - I'm guessing that an area between the tailights would be trimmed out to allow for airflow, is that right? How is the grille attached?

Thanks,
    Kirk

20. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    It just screws/bolts to mounting points around the frame of that tail panel. Up close, you can see the whole thing has holes to allow airflow out of the engine bay.

21. Durpen

Durpen Karting

Sep 6, 2005
    South of Boston, USA
    Full Name:
    Kirk N
    I see, the back panel is removed and replaced with the grille... I wonder why the factory didn't do this on all of them if it helps an overheating problem.
    Thank you Ryan!

22. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Whoa, whoa, whoa... now you're thinking like an American, or a German. Solve the problem?

That's not the Italian way. ;) At Ferrari it could be said to go back to old Enzo, who if told a car had an overheating problem (which many early V-12's did), responded that the person should stop for coffee more often.

In a sense, Ferrari ownership could be likened to those restaurants where you are intentionally treated badly by the staff as part of the dining experience.

23. Steve355

Steve355 Rookie

Apr 22, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Steve Austin
    Saw a beutiful Silver Challenge Stradale today with NH plates; no Stripe. It turned on to Harvard St. in Brookline in front of Anna's Taqueria. Stunning car, really puts my 355 to shame. I NEED ONE.

-Steve355

24. true

true Karting

Jun 5, 2002
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Nick
    I was in Hanover, NH, last weekend, and saw a yellow 430 nearby in Vermont; on Route 4. Amazing sound!

25. Jakillo

Jakillo Karting

May 29, 2004
    Boston
    Full Name:
    Jason Toms
    On sunday I spotted two murcielagos in front of the atrium mall, one was an orange hardtop and the other a yellow roadster! SICK!!!!!!

I also spotted a Z8 in newton, a blue vanquish in boston, and a silver seraph with chrome rims by fenway park.