Bottas announcement expected this week | Page 8 | FerrariChat

Bottas announcement expected this week

Discussion in 'F1' started by cmos, Jan 15, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. singletrack

singletrack F1 Veteran

Mar 16, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    LOL. That's perfect.

Translation for Hamilton's dad: "Why u scared bro?"

2. intrepidcva11

intrepidcva11 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 12, 2009
    Saratoga Springs NY
    Full Name:
    Seth
    I would LMAO if M. Bottas becomes 2017 WDC

3. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

If that were to happen I could see LH toss in the toys, the towel and the jet and retire to a small island become a hermit. I have zero thoughts of his ego taking that hit after losing to Nico as well LOL :)

I hope Bottas can show he as the skill and smarts to get some wins. That is the pairing to watch along with Max n Ricci of course!

4. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
  5. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    The driver is not the problem of Ferrari, why would somebody think that Lewis driving for them would make any difference???
    And does really anybody think that Hamilton would be more patient waiting for them to built a championship winning car than Alonso was and Vettel is? Lewis of all people??? Seriously???

6. scudF1

scudF1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Billy
    Lewis at ferrari? He wouldn't last not even for a few races. He is "too good" for Ferrari. lol

7. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    FEBRUARY 13, 2017

No bluffing in 2017 test season says Lauda

Valtteri Bottas is pushing hard to be ready for the 2017 season.

That is the news from Niki Lauda, the F1 legend and team chairman at Mercedes.

He is referring to Finn Bottas, who was Mercedes' eleventh hour pick to replace the suddenly-retired world champion Nico Rosberg for 2017.

"I'm always on the phone with Bottas," Lauda told the Swiss newspaper Blick. "He wants to know everything, which is motivating me as well. He is getting full support from all of us."

After Mercedes won the last three titles, F1 is all change for 2017, with wider tyres and much faster cars set to fill the grid.

Lauda said the picture will start to emerge from the second Barcelona test.

"The first four days in Barcelona will be getting to know the new regulations," he said. "Then the four day break will be to make updates.

"Then at the second test, no one will bluff anymore because we will all want to know where we stand before Melbourne," added Lauda.

"The first three races are on totally different tracks," he continued, "so by then we will know where we are heading."

Lauda said he has seen the broad shape of the 2017 Mercedes car and he was "immediately enthusiastic". "The fans will surely like what they see," he added.

8. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    The fans will surely like what they see," he added.

Only if there is some true competition?

9. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

10. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    FEBRUARY 16, 2017

Bottas gets Rosberg's race engineer

Valtteri Bottas has inherited retired world champion Nico Rosberg's race engineer at Mercedes.

Earlier, Tony Ross came to Mercedes from Williams, where in addition to Rosberg he also worked with the likes of Juan Pablo Montoya.

Now, the Briton will be the voice on Finn Bottas' radio.

"My engineer will be Tony Ross. He was formerly Nico Rosberg's race engineer," Bottas, 27, confirmed to Ilta Sanomat newspaper.