Bottom line, if someone were to want a Pista allocation could they still be able to get one? | FerrariChat

Bottom line, if someone were to want a Pista allocation could they still be able to get one?

Discussion in '458 Italia/488/F8' started by Thecadster, Dec 12, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    At least eventually... I ask because early on I passed on the Lusso for Pista gambit. Then months later, I passed on the Portofino for Pista tactic. Problem is, I still really want one. I have poured through the various threads and no consensus appears to have been reached. Sorry to start yet another Pista allocation thread, but my question is hopefully different enough to warrant a fresh one. Worth mentioning too, that I was not at all mad about the offers I did receive for a Pista allocation. In fact, quite the contrary, I totally understand the free market machinations and I’m a big boy. I say this lest it seems like it’s sour grapes on my part. It’s not. If a dealer can trade allocations for Lusso’s and Port’s, more power to them. I was just gambling that I could eventually get one WITHOUT resorting to buying a car I neither want, nor need. So, will my gamble pay off?

2. markcs

markcs Karting

Oct 23, 2016
    my dealer is saying no more pista allocation

09Scuderia likes this.
  3. Robert P

Robert P Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2014
    London
    My dealer is saying the same - but if 488GTB production really is slowing (as other threads suggest), then more Pista allocations could come through.

09Scuderia likes this.
  4. markcs

markcs Karting

Oct 23, 2016
    pista build is already out past June then i believe new model

09Scuderia likes this.
  5. carz80am

carz80am Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2015
    Northern Virginia/DC
    Where you located? There may be allocations on the secondary market

Melvok and 09Scuderia like this.
  6. Thecadster

Thecadster F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 27, 2017
    Charlotte, NC

7. MrF355

MrF355 Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2008
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Kimi
    I would say that there are others out there higher up in the Ferrari food chain who missed out so that if further allocations were made they would receive priority over you.

8. uhn2000

uhn2000 Formula 3

Oct 15, 2011
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Joe
    #8 uhn2000, Dec 13, 2018
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2018
    I think if you were to ask what needs to be done they may make a case for you, it could happen. Anything is possible. Just don't be shocked or insulted if the ask is crazy because I know people trying all types of stuff to try and get one.

Melvok likes this.
  9. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Unless someone here works for Ferrari, who knows? Call every dealer and ask. You'll come to a conclusion. No one here can actually answer your question...

uhn2000 and Caeruleus11 like this.
  10. Melvok

Melvok F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 25, 2008
    Amersfoort, The Netherlands, Europe.
    Full Name:
    Mel
    Indeed … :eek: this happens …. people payed KE$150 OVER msrp for one … just to have it …. so that seems the only way ...

11. carz80am

carz80am Formula Junior

Sep 23, 2015
    Northern Virginia/DC
    If someone wants to pay 150k over, they can have my allocation.

Melvok and Gh21631 like this.
  12. markcs

markcs Karting

Oct 23, 2016
    mine NOT for sale

13. Shadowfax

Shadowfax F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2016
    Australia
    May be geo dependent but here its a case of no 488 no pista. No more allocations unless someone with allocation doesn't want to sign the ROFR doc and in that instance their allocation gets passed down to the next 488 buyer who missed Pista allocation. As it stands there are more 488 buyers than Pista's being allocated so I imagine if Lusso was your criteria the same will apply. All this talk that there will be more Pista's is just that - wishful thinking from those who didn't buy 488 or Lusso still kidding themselves there is a way around the process or, having a winge session about the process making out same. (please note I did not use the term wank).

Shack and Caeruleus11 like this.
  14. markcs

markcs Karting

Oct 23, 2016
    correct weight
    has anybody been refunded a deposit on a Pista order that met the geo citeria
    If so No more Pista