Boudewijn: Abarth Ferrari Revisited | FerrariChat

Boudewijn: Abarth Ferrari Revisited

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by El Wayne, Jan 22, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    Remember this thread regarding 166 mm s/n 0262M?

There's an article in the most recent issue of Forza with photos of the car after restoration. According to the article, 0262M was originally delivered sans body.

2. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    For some reason, I have always been a Carlo Abarth fan and always am fascinated by his cars, especially the Abarth Zagato Carreras. Of course being 6'3" I'll never be able to fit in one....
    They just look like they would be so much fun. He add a bunch of webers, a hot cam and a wild exhaust, took off weight and yee-ha! Hey, that's what I'm doing to my car... :)

Does anyone know if Marmitte Abarth is still in business? Haven't seen an Al Cosentino Forza ad in years... (only the truly older obsessive will remember these crazy ads..)

best
    Russ

3. Miltonian

Miltonian F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2002
    Milton, Wash.
    Full Name:
    Jeff B.
    I spoke on the phone with Al Cosentino some time last year. He is still in business, does everything himself, has lots of stuff, but it is really, really hard to get a straight answer from him. He called me one evening, talked for about 45 minutes on a wide range of subjects, then couldn't remember why he called. He's an interesting guy, but.......

You call his ads "crazy". Have you seen his ebay ads? Not exactly "to the point".

4. Boudewijn

Boudewijn F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

May 15, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Boudewijn Berkhoff
    Great news Wayne. I'll try to get a copy (which number is it?). Cavallino is my preferred subscription.

5. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    It's issue #52 (April 2004). If you don't find a copy, let me know and I'll scan and email the article to you.

6. Boudewijn

Boudewijn F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

May 15, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Boudewijn Berkhoff
    Thanks Wayne. I will let you know.

7. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada
    Is he still trying to sell FAZA? He was always talking about it in his A.O.I. books...

No kidding about his Ebay auctions. I've been interested in his stuff, but never sure what is up for bidding (the item that's in the picture)?

I still would love a copy of "Carlo Abarth Foto Storia" (collection of studio Bertazzini prints). Never been able to find one...

8. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
  9. Peter

Peter F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 21, 2000
    B.C., Canada