Bourbon Trail hints | FerrariChat

Bourbon Trail hints

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by Scotty, Mar 18, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Scotty

Scotty F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Scotty Ferrari
    My wife and I will be in the Louisville area for a few days after the Memorial Day weekend. In addition to any general tips on how to make the most of the visit (we've never been, and other than wanting to tour a few distilleries we're pretty open in terms of activities), we're looking for some specific advice regarding touring the area.

1) Are there better or worse days to tour the distilleries (for example, closed on certain days, more crowded on certain days, etc.).

2) Does anyone have a line on a private tour guide with access to some of the lesser known/traveled distilleries.

TIA.

2. paindok

paindok Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 15, 2009
    Indiana
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I don’t have a lot of great advice, but I did really enjoy the “Behind the Beam” tour. It included a lunch and tasting with Fred Noe, the great grandson of Jim Beam and current master distiller. I learned a lot, and it was interesting to hear how he evaluates different bourbons. We also visited Makers Mark, Willett, Wild Turkey, Woodford Reserve, and Buffalo Trace.