Box Hill ride out 20 June ---------------------- | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Box Hill ride out 20 June ----------------------

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by tonyh, Jun 18, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. daz355

daz355 Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2004
    MclarenVille
    Full Name:
    Darren P
    Hope you guys spent some money in my forecourt.
    Daz

2. 348paul

348paul Formula 3

Dec 27, 2002
    Kent - UK
    Full Name:
    Paul Hill
    I thought I was going to have to push the 348 the last 100 yards to the petrol station!

Great to see everyone again and look forward to the next flame throwing excursion! (Andy - The flies on my front bumper were burnt to a crisp :))

Paul

3. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    Ahh, Andy still chucking flames then?

4. Ade

Ade Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    UK
    ha ha. That was pretty impressive, I was behind you at the time and the flames shot right out and upwards(two or three foot at least). I think Andy had just quickly come off the accelerator after a hard high-reving blast.... perhaps he had changed down as well. Whatever it was, it just dumped about a litre of unburnt petrol into the exhaust manifold which proceeded to combust triggered by hot metal. Quite a neat usage of 81.9p worth of fuel I thought

Ade

5. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J
    I managed to roast a few marshmellows too!!! :))

Andy youve melted my front valance :)))

6. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H

Did anyone get to hear this exhaust on the move? is it as high pitched as Tubi on full boost?

7. Andy hls

Andy hls Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2003
    Kent UK
    Full Name:
    Andy

Sorry boys but on some earlier theads people were saying that we needed some good flame wars, prehaps i misunderstood what they meant by that.

And another thing one of you lot driving far to fast must of chucked a stone up that smashed my headlight lends to bits, thanks, another 200.00 odd quid.

It was good fun though.

Andy.

8. Ade

Ade Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    UK
    It was sooo high pitched It almost sounded like it was reving as high as a racing motorbike does.... but on drugs, from belly of hell. Very high pitched, basically.

9. 360CS

360CS F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Kent
    Full Name:
    Joe J

Tony the Tubi appears tame to this noise believe me it sounded like a R1 with sraight through pipes.....but it 3k and thats a lot for an exhaust me thinks...so whats next???

10. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Ouch...£3k's a lot . Does that include de-cat and fitting, Joe?

11. ric355

ric355 Guest

Dec 21, 2003
    I think that was supply only, but here's the interesting bit - you'll notice my video didn't say "ITO de-cat"; that's because (and Bernard will correct me if I got this wrong) it still had the cats on !!! And it was noisy as hell !!!

12. harmitc

harmitc Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    England
    Full Name:
    Bernard R
    Good to see you all on Sunday, its interesting to here the remarks on the exhaust! I was pleased with the noise it made, but it was interesting to here your comments.

To clear up a few questions:

My car is still running CATS its only the silencer that’s been changed.

The system retails for Yen 577,500 that’s about £2960.00 at today’s exchange rate, but then you have to ship to the UK, pay duty and VAT so it going to be well over £3K by the time its fitted.

I installed the system myself, it is very well made so fitting was easy, having said that fitting any exhaust to a 355 is easy, its a very accessible system.

Bernard

13. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Bernard,
    do you have any installation pics of the system?

14. ric355

ric355 Guest

Dec 21, 2003
    Whilst it was loud, I thought it sounded great. However, standing right behind it while it was being revved hard was where it 'hurt' the most; but then that's not normal behaviour really.

I was annoyed with myself on Sunday because I currently have in my possession a noise meter which I've borrowed from a colleague, and I forgot to bring it with me. We could have put our anoraks on and taken a few measurements!!

Richard.