boxer market? | Page 12 | FerrariChat

boxer market?

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by ferraripete, Jul 14, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

That's what I saw. The condition of the underside, engine compartment did not match the supposed mileage. But, $282K+5K fee on BAT is a high water mark, as no Boxer has done well.

Just pulled my lower valence off to
    be repainted, too many fun drives behind Boxerman.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

33guana likes this.
  2. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
  3. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
  4. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

5. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    On a 75,000 mile car you might find that the key missed the keyhole a few hundred times and scraped the leather.
    This car is claimed to have only 5 K miles..is it mildew?

6. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    Most Boxers only have 5-10K miles :D.

7. George Vosburgh

Silver Subscribed

Did anyone else notice the cassette is in backwards in the player??

375+ likes this.
  8. 330GT2+2

330GT2+2 Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2005
    Texas
    Full Name:
    330gt2+2
    Image Unavailable, Please Login I believe the odometer stays in kilometers so that’s 3400 miles….right. $400k?? I’ve got some oceanfront property in Arizona..still loving mine but if this thing is “one of the best on the market today” then I should list mine immediately :)
    Consider the source as always- one of the last places I’d buy anything. Nice catch on the cassette. Morons.
    Also EQ oxidized and certainly different than mine..

9. George Vosburgh

Silver Subscribed

I do know that people on this site have reported problems with Schmitt in the past.

10. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Something isn’t right, interior has some issues and the exhaust looks rusted. Look at the dings in the manifolds and rust on the cans. Maybe it was stored in a damp environment?

11. sherpa23

sherpa23 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 28, 2003
    Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Bastuna
    That was the same knock on the car when it went to auction earlier this year. No one with a clue thinks that mileage is anywhere close to legit.

12. 4right

4right F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

There is a comment in the description, “virtually can’t be told from new” that is interesting based upon everything that has been pointed out here already.

13. Capt. Rich

Capt. Rich Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2008
    Palm City, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Richard Baumgart
    George, Very observant. I would bet the farm this BBi has alot more mileage. I have laughed for years at the mileage on BB's. I use only the ignition key. Keys dangling and bouncing off the leather will do damge in shorter time than you think.

14. FactoryFiveOwner

Dec 2, 2021
    Barrington RI
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Captn Rich. Saw your question. Newbie here. I bought this car (49309) after the auction as it did not meet reserve at $325. My plan was to sell it as I am one of those who feel boxers are trailing in value and will be in the 450k-550k range in the next 5 years. No-one knows and since I know cars more than the stock market I figured it would be a fun place to park some money. I was also looking at a 365GTB Daytona as I feel those front engined columbo v12's also have room to grow beyond the 475-675 range. Now having driven the car (boxer) I have absolutely fallen in love with it. once it is warmed up, it drives pretty well considering age and tech. I just cant get enough of the car. Ive put maybe 300 miles on it in a month. I may upgrade the wheels to 17's and get some proper rubber as the 15's/orig spec tires look cool but are only good for drifting.

15. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Looked like a great car and definitely worth the reserve and more. Enjoy in good health.

16. FactoryFiveOwner

Dec 2, 2021
    Barrington RI
    Full Name:
    Dave
    It was a gamble as I bought it from afar based on photos. But I got a decent deal (I think), it has GREAT ownership and service records going back to 1984 and was treated to a (verified upon receipt and close up inspection) $38K full body repaint in orig color black and a (gulp) $18K interior resto in original leather!. Mechanically it had some very very minor issues that have literally disappeared as soon as I started driving it and warming it up proper. Small bit of lube on cables and latches and rudimentary wrench work was really all i needed to do before driving. Right now, other than an amp/eq that doesn't work and a clock that is useless (I use a batt cut off on the car as I don't trust 70's-80's Italian electrical) the car is flawless. Complaints? Slow windows (expected) and anemic but functional AC (yawn). The car rocks! I just had no idea and was totally unprepared for how stunningly beautiful this car is in person AND how well it drives. Literally checking every car box I have. Bought for potential to sell and now thinking why would I ever want to sell it. Based on my personal firsthand driving and ownership experience, I feel strongly that this car will be in the $375-$450 range in the future. Last of the hand-builts, flat 12, Bridget Bardot looks, limited numbers in USA... I like this horse's odds.

RGRarri and John B like this.
  17. samsaprunoff

samsaprunoff F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2004
    Edmonton, AB Canada
    Full Name:
    Sam Saprunoff
    33guana likes this.
  18. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    the bb's are undervalued.
    all of them.
    the whole line should be double the price they are - completely sorted cars should be between $4-600k, and everything under that should stack accordingly.

19. MITengineer

MITengineer Formula Junior

Feb 18, 2004
    Montana
    Hey Dave - nice to see you on here! I love the boxer too, but just bought a 512TR instead. I was an intern at FFR while I was still in undergrad, good to see you on here.

20. FactoryFiveOwner

Dec 2, 2021
    Barrington RI
    Full Name:
    Dave
  21. FactoryFiveOwner

Dec 2, 2021
    Barrington RI
    Full Name:
    Dave
    As you worked on the GTM, I figured you'd get a kick seeing the front engine exotic we are working on. Currently the nose got a big F in final form and we are redesigning it. But still, all carbon fiber body, aero tuned in wind tunnel, 850hp NA V12 LS ('merican) engine and probably 2 moreyears to complete development. Will supercede the GTM. Think of it as our take on an Aston Martin Vulcan on drugs.. Sorry for the off topic post fellas.. but it does have a V12.

samsaprunoff likes this.
  22. MITengineer

MITengineer Formula Junior

Feb 18, 2004
    Montana
    Indeed its me, Chris! Yes, remember my time on the GTM very well. I was always excited about mid 90's Italian cars so bought my two dream-cars (have a Diablo SV as well).

23. Capt. Rich

Capt. Rich Formula Junior

Jun 9, 2008
    Palm City, Fl.
    Full Name:
    Richard Baumgart
    FactoryFiveOwner, Congratulations on your new BBi. ENJOY!!!

FactoryFiveOwner likes this.