Boyhood Bedroom Poster: Countach or Testarossa | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Boyhood Bedroom Poster: Countach or Testarossa

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by karmavore, Jan 21, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

?

When I was a kid I had a poster of a:

1. Countach

2. Testarossa

3. Other

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    obviously your success is directly linked to how hard you work. Iwould say it depends on how hard you work moreso than how smart you are (within reason, obviously someone with a 50iq may need more than hard work to be loaded). Having a degree from a prestigious school obviously gives you the advantage in the job market. It looks good on a resume. I'm working my ass off now just so i can get into a good grad school, or possibly law school if i decide to go that route. Where you get your education must mean something. You dont see businesses getting in bidding wars over a community college grad. When i was looking at colleges, one grad from loyola (in MD, it has a decent program with a good rep) was recieving offers from engineering firms that wanted to hire him. He ended up getting an offer for $60k, starting. Not too bad for first year out of college. I doubt that happens to grads from teir 2, 3 or 4 schools.

2. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    oh and btw i think that article is flawed. Obviously an average kid at an ivy will obviously be more capable than an average kid at a "no-name" (as the article puts it) college.

" A prestigious education will certainly garner more attention, but it won’t be an automatic meal ticket for a good job. Ambition, intelligence, and wit are the deciding factors for job candidates."

Obviously if you manage to graduate from an ivy you have some level of ambition and itelligence, otherwise you wouldnt be there inthe first place.

3. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Sarc, Dig it...the Pagey avatar!

Oh, and DrS reminded me... (CRS has set in at 39) I had the Alpine poster as well.

DL

4. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    I had a bed that looked like a TR. No poster though, but one of the drawers of the ascociated dresser had a TR picture on it. :) so I guess TR counts.

Now I dont remember this per-say, but my mom tells me that it was the car with the 'strikes on the side,' and old pictures show me it too. So I guess my Ferrari love is like ingrained for early childhood.

5. Mark(study)

Mark(study) F1 Veteran

Oct 13, 2001
    Clearwater, FL
    Full Name:
    Mark

I had the Alpine also. They had the best Quality Lambo posters.

6. 4sfed4

4sfed4 Karting

Dec 22, 2003
    If you read the article closely, youll see theres something in it that puts everyone on the same playing field.

The researchers tracked the 1976 freshman class of 30 schools ranging from prestigious Yale University to well-known public institutions like Penn State and Ohio’s Miami University. Krueger and Dale compared the earnings of students who attended such schools with kids who were accepted but chose to attend cheaper schools. The study’s conclusion: based on SAT and other scores, smart and talented kids who attended no-name colleges have done just as well in their careers as the kids who chose the Ivy League route. In other words, the traits that made the students eligible to attend prestigious schools were the same traits that caused them to enjoy career success. It’s the kids, not the schools, that count.

7. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    Well, i was too young, but my brother had a countach and a 930 turbo. I never understood why he cared until later;)

8. Challenge

Challenge Formula 3

Sep 27, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    One word: Daisy.

9. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
  10. Sarc

Sarc Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    USA
    Thanks, Darth! Had a poster of him as well!

11. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    288 GTO, something like 8 feet long. In my room for 8 years.

12. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

That "Alpine" Lamborghini Countach poster had to be the all time great car poster. It's what I had. Side profile of a red Countach on a black background.

13. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    one TR and one Daytona, I loved Miami Vice.

14. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Autographed Playboy Bunny Pic (I was a smooth-talking 14-year-old trying to pick up on a Bunny at a car show) Farrah, huge Ted Nugent poster, '55 F-100 Caricature.

15. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    I had the Alpine car stereo red Countach poster among numorus posters of Heather Locklear.

:)

16. NickM3

NickM3 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    Full Name:
    Nick Y.
    Saleen S7

Only because i got it for free at a car show. I'm really not a poster kinda guy.

17. racedecknc

racedecknc Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    Winston Salem
    Full Name:
    Ed
    I had the Farrah nip poster also.

Ed

18. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    Hmmm, I must be a whole lot older than you guys. I had posters of "Big Daddy" Don Garlits in his front engined top fuel car smoking the tire bigtime and Jimmy Clark in the Lotus Indy car. Also a poster of the Austin Healey 3000.

19. abarre

abarre Formula Junior

Jul 9, 2003
    Had a poster of a 288GTO. Oh, and the Maxell poster....