Bradan 360 paint repair/ OCD owner | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Bradan 360 paint repair/ OCD owner

Discussion in 'Bradan' started by BRADAN, Mar 10, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SoftwareDrone

SoftwareDrone F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 19, 2004
    San Jose, California
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I have no words...

2. Skippr1999

Skippr1999 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2009
    All for a "ding" on the rear...... I thought I was OCD! This is flat nuts...

3. fabo

fabo Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2013
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Fabo
    um I see a scratch....

only kidding ;)

4. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    LMAO

5. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Looks like you are ready for the upcoming rally's Chris! Fresh paint and all. This was a great thread to watch. Looks awesome.
    Great job Dan!

6. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Thanks Steve! I'm all ready to go, it just needs a good coat of wax!
    .....as long as the weather permits. :-D

7. BRADAN

BRADAN Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
    Thanks for all the kind words guys.

Glad you enjoyed Steve, figured most guys would get a kick out of this one. Hows the 430 going?

8. BRADAN

BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
    Chris,

How long did you wait before waxing her down?

As a heads up guys never wax fresh paint, always wait atleast 1 month to let it cure. 3m makes polish that is safe to use on fresh paint.

9. Labman

Labman F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2010
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve
    430 is amazing. Loving every minute of it. I get goose bumps every time I start her up! Now looking forward to the warmer weather.

10. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I still didn't wax it, I wanted the paint to cure as long as possible.
    I washed it before the first snow fall, then only used it about 4X since the snow started. I was able to get it out a day here and there when the streets dried up in between. Now I'm re-doing my driveway, so it's stuck in the garage for a few weeks again :( (base has to compact before laying the asphalt).
    As soon as the driveway is complete, I will take it out, wash it, throw a coat of carnuba on it and drive it as much as possible!! :)

11. L.I. Adam

L.I. Adam Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2013
    east norwich, Long I
    that a boy chris, My car is at Braden for major service, belts, cam seals, lifters and a few minor other items. Love how meticulous Dan is. Got brand new free rubber from FOLI to boot. should be done and ready early next week...Then we can meet up and drive our babies!!!

Adam

12. L.I. Adam

L.I. Adam Formula Junior

Feb 13, 2013
    east norwich, Long I
    that a boy chris, My car is at Braden for major service, belts, cam seals,water pump rebuild, some lifters replaced and a few minor other items. Love how meticulous Dan is. Got brand new free rubber from FOLI to boot. should be done and ready early next week...Then we can meet up and drive our babies!!! Dan will make a post here when he is completed...

Adam

13. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Adam, tell me more about the lifters. What happened with the lifters? I don't think that's common for 360's. Also, how did you get free rubber from FofLI? Why did they replace them a year later? I thought they would have done it when you purchased it. Hey, either way, it sounds cool. I stopped by the shop a couple of weeks ago and saw your car there. It looks awesome!
    Can't wait to meet up and drive!

14. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    #89 up4speed, Apr 28, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I finally washed and waxed it for the first time since the work was done. All I can say is WOW!!
    Thanks Dan, the car looks amazing. Your guys did an awesome job.
    I attached iPhone photos, but the photos came out like crap. It's not even close to what the car looks like in person. I ran out of day light, or I would have taken photos with a real camera.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. BRADAN

BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
    Thats great to hear after everything, I bet your happy it atleast starts every time you turn the key ;)

16. BRADAN

BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
    Good news how did the driveway come out?

17. BRADAN

BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
    Thanks adam it was fun sorting your car out, thank you for the business.

18. BRADAN

BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
    Lifters you normally just pull the cams out and check during a major service. As the cars get older it's more common for us to find failed lifters. The guy that rebuilds them tells us the check valves inside get stuck open.

19. BRADAN

BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
    Great shot!! what wax did you end up using? Is that your brothers vette?

20. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    It's still not done (it's just crushed concrete now). I'm waiting for warmer weather to have the asphalt laid down so they have more time to work it and do a better job. It will probably get done next week since the weather is looking good as of now. The photo is on my brothers driveway, I had to go there to wash it since I couldn't wash it on my driveway.

I just went with Meguires carnuba wax. I like the deep wet look that it gives the car. I used to use Zaino all the time, but it's too hard to work with and it has more of a surface shine instead of the deep wet gloss to it.
    That is my brothers Vette. I'm pretty sure that he wants to sell it because the 430 peaked his interest ;)
    I think it only has about 7 or 8,000 miles and it looks brand new....hopefully he would use a 430 more.

21. BRADAN

BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
    Very cool post some pics when finished.

Check out 3m wax it comes in a black container, water falls right off the car.

He called me the other day looking for a F1 Red/Tan 430 with shields. I told him thats just about the rarest color combo you can find a Ferrari so hes going to have to be patient ;). Good to see you gave him the Ferrari bug.

22. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    That's funny! He told me about that. He's a little slow and was confused for a few seconds, lol. The search really is a pain though.

23. BRADAN

BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
    Its ok haha super nice dude. I told him have me check the car out mechanically and tag team the cosmetics with your brother. You guys are so dam anal I would eat sushi off your bathroom floor with confidence ;). Its wierd I figured something like that would be super easy to locate but I have 6 different guys calling having me PPI the same combo.

24. up4speed

up4speed F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 16, 2012
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Sushi comment, lmao Haha!
    There's a lot of red/tan available, but unfortunately for him, they are also the most desirable.
    Yes you are correct with PPI's regarding paint. I think the more eyes we have inspecting it, the higher chance that we will see everything. Poor seller, lol