Bradan Coachworks | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Bradan Coachworks

Discussion in 'Bradan' started by BRADAN, Dec 7, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BRADAN

BRADAN Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
    Sorry I didn't see this, Thank you! We really appreciate it.

2. BRADAN

BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
  3. BRADAN

BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
    This is the actual pull post that straightens out accident damage. Every post is made start to finish in the factory and quality tested before shipping.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. BRADAN

BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
    This is the actual jig post that takes most of the stress during pulling. Most manufactures bragged how theres is solid steel and how strong it is. The problem is the pulling power of the pull post is stronger then the jig post. So if you bend a post you have no way of knowing so every car after that is pulled to an incorrect tolerance.

Carbench made a cast hollow post that intentionally breaks if the pulling force is exceeded. I love the engineering Carbench puts into every single part of the fixture.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. BRADAN

BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
    This is a completed main frame of the jib bench. Lorenzo and his wife own Carbench together and proudly knew every design feature start to finish.

In this photo Lorenzo is showing me that you can see all the machining marks and welds on the finished product. They dip every bench is a Galvanized bath to prevent rusting. Every other manufacture covers there steel in paint to hide all the imperfections.

6. BRADAN

BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
    This shows the original Ferrari 360 modena front frame structure jigged to the bench. When Ferrari originally built the 360 chassis with Alcoa it was solid Aluminum. Carbench had to reverse engineer the chassis and section is to make it repairable in the future.

7. BRADAN

BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
  8. BRADAN

BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
    This is a completed jig bench in there training center. The cars under the covers are all brand new Ferrari and Lamborghini chassis there teaching OEM repair classes on and writing repair manuals. I got to meet the engineering that writes Ferraris manuals and bring up a few issues I had over the years.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. BRADAN

BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
  10. BRADAN

BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
    #35 BRADAN, Dec 8, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 8, 2017
    I had to make a pit stop at Ferrari when driving north. Driving on the Autostrada is similar to the autobahn but you have a NYC taxi driver tailgating you beeping and brighting you no matter how fast you drive in a tiny economy car.

This is my 4th time doing the owners tour and it blows my mind every single time. It's has to be on your bucket list if your a Ferrari owner. Don't worry even if your wife doesn't care about cars they will love the tour and find it interesting.

11. BRADAN

BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
  12. BRADAN

BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
    #38 BRADAN, Dec 9, 2017
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2017

Attached Files:

13. BRADAN

BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
  14. BRADAN

BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
  15. BRADAN

BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
    We went with the Master series booth with a 3 sided mixing room attached to the side. This will allow the painter to mix paint and step right into the booth avoiding contamination.

tres55 and Dave rocks like this.
  16. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Are you doing a full downdraft? Or semi? Platform or in concrete?

Ironically, we have a new custom booth, clean room system arriving next week too. We are installing ours. Big erector set.

17. BRADAN

BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
    Full downdraft heated. Platform above ground with a basement.

Very nice congrats, what did you end up going with? Exactly, all just bolts together with basic hand tools.

18. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Congrats on the expansion and new equipment!! Great to see :)

Ours is totally custom. It's 2 identical booths connected by a vestibule clean room. The booths are down draft tables and positive pressure (auto balancing). LED lighting. No heat as we oven bake our parts. I designed the concept and found a great company to built it. I don't want to post the manufacturer or very specific details given this is a very custom system for small parts. I have a thread going in the general section and will post some general photos as we erect the system.

19. BRADAN

BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
    Thank you I've been planning and saving for 4 years now, nice/scary to pull the trigger finally.

Thats nice the company auto body tool mart uses to make there booths colmet? is based in the US and will make anything you can think of. Will check out the thread in the general forum and congrats!

20. BRADAN

BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
    We paired our frame jig with a digital measuring system.

The contact evolution from Carbench allows us to measure pre and post accident chassis data to make sure its brought back to factory tolerances. What I really liked about it was the 5 axis travel to measure difficult to reach areas. This will guarantee maximum precision and extremely low tolerances on every single check point of the frame and body.

21. Dave rocks

BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    I spoke with Colmet but most of these companies insist on going thru a distributor and I'm not wired for that. I didn't want to explain it all to a distributor who then explained it (wrong) to the manufacture. So, I found a premier company that would work directly with me.

22. BRADAN

BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
    I'm the same way can't blame you.

The best advice I can give anyone buying a spray booth. Contact your file marshals office to get a blessing before you install anything. And registered with the NY DEC as an emissions producer even if you feel its on a hobby level. Contact your local paint supplier and sign up for a 6H certification class. I had to learn the hard way and it wasn't fun or cheap.

23. BRADAN

BANNED

Aug 29, 2009
    West Babylon, NY
    Full Name:
    BRADAN
    I had a hard time deciding on what welding system to go with. I narrowed it down to Cebora and Weilander and Schill based off there OEM approvals. Both companies had booths at SEMA show in vegas so I figured it would be a good place to try them out in person. With more cars switching over from traditional steel to High strength steel, aluminum, Boron, etc I wanted a welder that was modern and easy to use. In a production shop having an easy to use system that consistently produces factory production assembly line quality welds is very important. We ended up going with a Cebora Techna smart plus resistance spot welder. It can recognize what material and thickness is being used and self adjust giving you a perfect weld. For mig welding we picked the Cebora Jaquar welder that can do steel and aluminum. Both are OEM approved by Ferrari, Porsche, Mercedes, BMW, and Bentley to name a few.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

tres55 likes this.