Auction - BradnerBus is Live on Bring a Trailer! | FerrariChat

Auction BradnerBus is Live on Bring a Trailer!

Discussion in 'Other Cars' started by 330 4HL, Sep 25, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 330 4HL

330 4HL Formula 3

May 12, 2005
    Vancouver
    Full Name:
    Rick Bradner
    Texas Forever, BT and sainthoo like this.
  2. 330 4HL

330 4HL Formula 3

May 12, 2005
    Vancouver
    Full Name:
    Rick Bradner
    Patina & Performance - The genesis of BradnerBus

I like old things. My couch is mid-century chrome with well used leather cushions; my desk is the one my mother used for 50 years. About the time I was starting to think about what I wanted this bus to be, I came across a video on the ICON ‘Derelict’ 1949 Olds coupe, and I found the concept of a well-worn but solid original vehicle with more contemporary performance upgrades very compelling.

With that idea haven taken hold, I started to look for the performance part of the equation, which led inevitably to ‘the Samba’ VW web site. Brakes, tires & handling are always my first priority on any vehicle, especially since I knew I was going to need to rebuild (or in this case, replace) the engine. So, with these parameters in mind I spent weeks reading through the site while keeping upgrades in these areas in mind, when I came across Corey’s Riviera bus. Not flashy, but simple, elegant & purposeful, with a great stance that spoke of competence. I contacted him about what mods he’d done to his bus, and he was not only forthcoming on those, but really open about what he would have done differently, things he had tried successfully or not on earlier buses, and thoughts on what he might try if he were to do it over. In short, through our email exchanges, he shared a depth of knowledge acquired over years of trial and error that saved us many hours of missteps and no doubt a lot of costly mistakes. Of course I’m disappointed to be selling the bus having only just finished it, but in the end I feel I’ve made a very good friend.
    Funny that -

k wright and Texas Forever like this.
  3. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
    Following on BaT.......GLWA!

330 4HL likes this.
  4. 330 4HL

330 4HL Formula 3

May 12, 2005
    Vancouver
    Full Name:
    Rick Bradner
    It's kind of weird. I'm not sure if it's the fact that BaT is running like 80+ cars a day; no questions, no feedback, no comments.
    Feel like I'm sleeping under a bridge in a dry gulch waiting for the water...

5. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    The saturation point they hit once they went past 300 or so live auctions at once has been glaring (to me at least). Views down. Likes down. Comments down.

tritone likes this.
  6. 330 4HL

330 4HL Formula 3

May 12, 2005
    Vancouver
    Full Name:
    Rick Bradner
    oddly enough, prices seem to be holding up -

tritone and 19633500GT like this.
  7. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
    I'm a bit surprised they have not throttled themselves just a little.......surely no one is telling them to "ramp up guys!" .....
    Maybe a case of the new 'partner' wanting to maximise income in the near term, in case competition shows up?
    DDM & Cars&Bids? One of the live auction biggies jumping in with a flash online presence?
    Whatever; too many cars, no time to follow all the ones you might like, now have to really pick & choose.... (probably a good thing; it takes me at least 3 doppio espressos to complete my daily review!)

OBTW: GLWA!

330 4HL likes this.
  8. 330 4HL

330 4HL Formula 3

May 12, 2005
    Vancouver
    Full Name:
    Rick Bradner
    no complaints - in the end it sold well.

tritone likes this.
  9. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Top money IMO!!

Not the crazy $100K from drunks in Arizona, but a friend sold a nice one in Austin (without all your well thought mods) and got IIRC $12K