Braided Fuel Line | FerrariChat

Braided Fuel Line

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by Mfoncerrada, Jun 1, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mfoncerrada

Mfoncerrada Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2009
    Monterey, CA
    Full Name:
    Miguel Foncerrada
    The fuel lines in my 84 QV are leaking. I know about the Scuderia Rampante Kit but am looking for a less expensive alternative braided fuel line hose.
    Seems to be about 8mm (5/16) I.D. and 14mm (9/16) O.D.

Can anyone point me in the right direction.

2. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    I have had good supply experience with Bel Metric for various metric bits.
    https://www.belmetric.com/metric-hoses-c-14.html

Think twice about using braided steel where the OEM was cloth coated or rubber, braided will saw right through whatever it touches. Even though OEM was cloth covered, most seem to recommend a smooth rubber hose as you can more readily spot cracking/leaking. Just make sure you get the hose rated for modern alcohol laced fuels and suitable for high pressure fuel injection (although you can use low pressure hose for the various tank venting lines).

The Scuderia crossover hose for the fuel tanks, and the gas filler hose, are worth buying even if you wish to do the other hoses on your own. If your other hoses are leaking, these are probably at their end of service life.

3. David Lind

David Lind Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    David Lind
    I agree with Andy on the fuel tank line recommendations. Going with SR is my best advice there. My original fuel lines lasted 84,000 miles and 27 years, so the Rampante hoses should last longer than the world's remaining petroleum supply!

4. sidtx

sidtx F1 Rookie
    Owner

Feb 9, 2014
    Frisco, Tx
    Full Name:
    Sid
    A couple of my fuel lines were also leaking (85 QV Coupe). They appeared to be standard size (diameter), so I went to Autozone and bought couple of feet of their branded fuel line. Cut pieces to replace those that were weeping. Total cost was less than $50.

Fortunately, the large diameter lines and the inlet hose wasn't leaking, so I didn't replace those.

However, we are doing an engine out service starting next week. I plan to replace all old hoses, fuel, water, everything.

Sid