Brand New Mclaren F1 For Sale | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Brand New Mclaren F1 For Sale

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by teak360, Feb 21, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    silver. i have seen a couple on the road around town as well over the years, usually being driven extreeeemly carefully.....

2. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I know the guy who does the service on Mr. Bean's Mclaren F1. He says the car is driven all the time and is almost a daily driver. Probably the most used F1 around. We should have been British comedians.

3. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    There was an F1 driven everyday by Dr. Thomas Bscher who was also a McLaren race driver in the FIA Series in the late 90's. He put about 30,000 km's on his. F1's have actually gone up in prices, I don't know what was wrong with the one at $961,000 perhaps the figures were in Pounds.

They usually trade for between $1.2mil to $1.4mil. In my opinion still the greatest Supercar ever made. Just look at the construction of the car. Even underneath the thing is unbelieveable.

4. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    XP5 has the most mileage of any of the McLarens. Of course, it's not privately owned.

Friend of mine was a passenger in a TVR in the UK, doing about 120 in the rain, when he saw a car closing in fast in the side mirror, lights blazing. It passed by in a roar, leaving them feeling like they were standing still. He estimates that it was doing at least 150mph (in the rain)! Before it disappeared in a cloud of spray, he caught a glimpse of Mr. Bean's plum-colored McLaren. Apparently it's the only one in that color, so it had to be him.

British comedians...or musicians! Liam Hewitt (Prodigy), George Harrison (Beatles), Elton John, Nick Mason (Pink Floyd), and a couple more have owned or still own McLarens. And we all know about Rod Stewart's F40 and Jamiroquai's Enzo.

5. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch

How many miles are on it?? Just curious.

6. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    Over 42,000.

7. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Still my favorite car of all time. I read that Ayrton Senna prior to his death had the first one coming in the beautiful Orange color Faisal has his Avatar.

8. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Er, that does not make sense, or I have read it wrong. I thought the McLaren was an '80s car. Thus was Senna getting a secondhand F1?

Also how can they advertise it as brand new. It is not, it should be sold as new old stock, or something, as it is still a 15+ year old car that simply has not moved or been registered. Very similar to buying one that has sat in somebodies lounge room ...

Pete

9. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Pete, the F1 was produced at the very end of 1993 through 1997. It was started on the drawing board by G. Murray in late 1989. It debuted at Monaco in 1993, prototype though.

10. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Ohhh ... just learnt something ;)

Pete

11. daz355

daz355 Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2004
    MclarenVille
    Full Name:
    Darren P
    Ayrton wasn't due to get chassis #1.I have seen this car and it is metallic black with a red stripe up the side.It was the first customer car made and was on display at the Birmingham motorshow.
    XP5 was used as acompany car yb David Clarke when he was a managing director of Mclaren cars.He now sells them privately in the Mews in London.Rowan Atkinson was one of his customers.
    Darren

12. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    My friends F1 has over 30,000 miles on it. Writerguy saw it on his trip out to the Chaparral museum. The gearbox is currently out and in the UK at McLaren having a new main gear cluster shaft machined and installed. He could not get it done in the US. He put 15K miles on his the first year he owned it and then slowed his driving time down and split it between the Diablo and his new Enzo.

13. V-10 Nut

V-10 Nut Rookie

Dec 1, 2003
    Missouri
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Production actually ended in 1998 not 97. I sold one with a May, 98 build date.

14. daz355

daz355 Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2004
    MclarenVille
    Full Name:
    Darren P
    Chassis numbers 59/69/71/72/73/75 were produced in 1998 with chassis number 75 being completed on 25 May 98.This car was destined for Aziz Ojjeh the brother of Monsour Ojjeh.This car was signed by all the individuals involved with the project on the back of the drivers seat.
    Darren

15. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Thats chassis #002. The first car built but the chassis # is 002.

16. writerguy

writerguy F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2003
    NewRotic
    Full Name:
    Otto
    Yup.

Every word. Just got a call from "your friend" regarding the car and life....

one hell of a nice man

17. teak360

teak360 F1 World Champ

Nov 3, 2003
    Boulder, CO
    Full Name:
    Scott

I was lucky enough to have dinner at Mansour Ojjeh's house when he still lived in Paris. He's the major Mclaren stockholder with Ron Dennis and Mercedes, that's why his brother got an F1. We went down to the garage UNDER his house and he had two 959's a few Ferraris and a car wash there. We later went to a nightclub and his brother showed up in a gold 1960' Lincoln Continental convertible. It hardly fit on the tiny street we were on.
    I was in the middle of a divorce about ten years ago when Mansour was staying at his place in Santa Barbara and he had his F1 with him. I was invited out because of my partner in the Ferrari gusiness for a drive, but couldn't because of court proceedings! That was the icing on the cake for that divorce. SH&*! Screwing me in court (the judge favored women big time) was one thing, but losing that Mclaren drive was the worst.