News

Brandoli Video

Discussion in '206/246' started by 4CamGT, Jul 17, 2019.

1. 4CamGT

4CamGT Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2004
    Southern California
    Has anyone had any experience with Brandoli restoring a Dino? Seems like an amazing place!

jag312 and George Vosburgh like this.
  2. 4CamGT

4CamGT Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2004
    Southern California
    Also, it’s really nice to see so many Dino’s getting restored along with other classic Ferrari’s within the video!

3. 2GT

2GT Formula 3

Aug 25, 2008
    Western NY
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Freeman, through the intercession of Brenda Vernor, Egidio Brandoli sent me the uncut Ferrari headlight covers in 1999. In 2006, Brenda took me and my mother to the Brandoli shop, where I saw the collection of metal body bucks that they use to recreate individual body parts. It is truly an amazing operation, and their craftsmanship is second to none. Egidio gave me a lovely brochure describing the carrozzeria, and I even received Christmas cards from him for several years. A true gentleman, whose family supports his efforts in every way. Fred

4. 4CamGT

4CamGT Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2004
    Southern California
    Thanks Fred! I would be curious to know what a Dino restoration would cost at Brandoli. Probably done by the same craftsmen/family that built ours!

5. 2GT

2GT Formula 3

Aug 25, 2008
    Western NY
    Full Name:
    Fred
    Freeman,
    When I visited Egidio Brandoli's shop, he told me that he had built Dino bodies while at Scaglietti. I don't know for certain, but I seem to remember him saying something about having procured the wooden Dino body bucks from Scaglietti, which he then had remade in steel. He has U.S. and Euro bucks, for early and late model Dinos. The bucks for various Ferrari models are stored on several levels at the shop. I posted one of the pictures on F-Chat a number of years ago. Nuvolari uses it in one of his ads. Fred

6. dgt

dgt Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed Owner

Jan 14, 2011
    Northeast, USA & Oz
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Brandoli have made some panels for my Dinos, last year I had 2 steel door skins for my E-series made which my local body guy is fitting to the frames.
    Workmanship is first class!

7. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Owner

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    #7 BigTex, Jul 18, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2019
    Brenda Vernor is the business......hosted her at COTA.

Cool video!

Watching made me smile,..thanks.

8. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    She is on FB
    Actually a close friend of David Castelhano,5 days ago I noticed she responded to his "comment" on Vettel on FB. She just refuted his claim - LOL
    I snapped this of Brenda a few years ago in a chance meeting
    Image Unavailable, Please Login