News

Bridged flanges now on NAPerformance Manifolds for the F355

Discussion in 'MVPEurosports.com' started by RossoCorsaItaly, Sep 28, 2006.

1. RossoCorsaItaly

RossoCorsaItaly F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    EU
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    We have bridged the flanges on the manifolds for the F355, we decided to do this after we had 4 complaints of the manifolds not fitting properly due to them getting shifted during the ceramic coating process. Our first bridged set will be finished sometime mid next week and I'll post some pictures. We will still offer them without bridged flanges but we are not recommending it because the manifolds can shift and you may not be able to install them. While we have only had this problem 4 times in the past, it's not a risk we're going to take anymore.

I want to publically apologize to the 4 people that have had to deal with this in the past: Todd from Toronto, Mike from CA, and Eugenio's Ferrari Service on their two sets. We appreciate your feedback and working with us to perfect these manifolds and apologize for the fitment issues you had to indure.

Regards,
    Kevin

2. ferraridriver

ferraridriver F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 8, 2002
    Bay Area Calif.
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Hi Kevin, I’m the guy who bought the 321 stainless one piece 355 headers from Ed.
    I plan to install them this winter.

I have done a few headers in 321 for open wheel race cars my self and know a bit about the process.

Just a suggestion, have you any experience with Wurth Exhaust Paste? I use it every time ( we have to do the engines every sixteen hours so the headers are always getting taken off and put back on again). I just bolt them up without gaskets, only paste, with no problems for at least five years now.

Just something you might look into in relation to fitment problems and possible leakage.

3. RossoCorsaItaly

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    EU
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I haven't used the Wurth Exhaust Paste brand, in the past we've used the Permatex High Temp Copper Silicone on other products, is the Wurth similair or is there some advantage to using it?

Regards,
    Kevin

4. ferraridriver

ferraridriver F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 8, 2002
    Bay Area Calif.
    Full Name:
    Dave
    http://www.wurthusa.com/project/en/leftnavi/catalog/product.php?path=04.0190.jpg

It is a thick ceramic paste that sets up with exhaust heat. It will fill a pretty good size void like might be found in a header / head joint where the flange is not perfectly true to the head, or the flange has been distorted slightly from the welding heat.

Only downside is shelf life, it tends to harden in the tube after a prolonged period.

I would not, nor would I advise, using it on slip joints unless you want to consider the slip joint permanent.

5. 355

355 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 4, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Hi, Kevin what is the total time I can expect to be charged to install the NA headers on my 2.7 355. Also when chipping the 355 where do the chips go. Is it the main brain or the 2 ecu's on the left and right? Thanks

6. RossoCorsaItaly

Rossa Subscribed

Jun 9, 2004
    EU
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    With the engine out it's very easy, with it in anywhere from 5-8 hours is acceptable.

Not sure, only chipped the 360 and Maserati, on the 360 it's on the left and right in the engine bay under the splash guards. May want to give Powerchip a ring to make sure.