Broken HVAC knobs. Anyone had this problem and can they be individually replaced? | FerrariChat

Broken HVAC knobs. Anyone had this problem and can they be individually replaced?

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by trygve11, Oct 22, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. trygve11

trygve11 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Aug 20, 2008
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Jason Hagen
    Hey guys. The fan knob (which is identical to the temp knobs) is fractured and doesn't retain itself properly to the unit. Has anyone had this problem? The whole unit is obviously way pricey but I know they don't break them out separately on the common parts prints. Has anyone had these replaced a la carte?

I know Ferrari often offers parts for the cars that aren't broken out separately on the prints (for example, the defroster vents on my 612 dashboard).

Thanks!

2. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Jason - email (not PM) me a photo and I'll have a look.

3. trygve11

trygve11 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Aug 20, 2008
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Jason Hagen
    Thanks Dave.

I will pull the knob and take a pic but will also describe... basically the knob retains via a typical D squeeze. The back of the fan knob is croacks and part of the D is gone (due to frequent use of the fan knob relative to the temp knobs). It will require a replacement for certain.

4. trygve11

trygve11 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Aug 20, 2008
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Jason Hagen
  5. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    No, everything is in focus except what I need to see.

6. trygve11

trygve11 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Aug 20, 2008
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Jason Hagen
    I will try again today to get a better pic! That being said, do you have a way to repair broken small knobs? The fractured off piece (I believe) is still in the unit and I will try to retrieve it. I suppose it could be glued and then used as the passenger heat knob (rather than the more highly used fan knob).